Head of Legal & Compliance ECE Cluster, Alcon, Czech Republic
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Type: Full Time
Salary (CZK): Negotiable
Do you want to work for a Global company where you will get recognized for your hard work and commitment? Look no further, apply today for Head of Legal & Compliance ECE Cluster.
The Head of Legal and Compliance is responsible for providing strategic and legal advice for (and for ensuring the legal sufficiency of) all matters that are relevant to business in the ECE Cluster, such as contracts, intellectual property enforcement, litigation, and employee relations. In addition, the Head of Legal and Compliance is responsible for establishing, promoting, and reinforcing compliance standards, aligned with local laws and regulations and company-wide compliance policies. The Head of Legal and Compliance, with support and direction from the Head Legal & Compliance Established Markets, also provides strategic legal guidance and training in key areas. As a member of the local organization’s management team, the Head of Legal and Compliance adds value to the local business beyond legal matters. Fulfil the duties in line with vigilance requirements.
• Legal Monitor and influence legal developments; ensure that the business considers legal trends and risks in its commercial strategy.
• Represent Alcon Legal to outside stakeholders.
• Directly handle legal issues related to the surgical and vision care businesses, litigation, corporate governance and labor law.
• Directly negotiate agreements for the local organization.
• In collaboration with the Alcon Global Intellectual Property (IP) function enforce and defend Alcon IP in the Cluster.
• Limit litigation risk exposure, including risk derived from clinical trial issues, distribution agreements, anti-trust issues and employee relations.
• Manage legal housekeeping (archiving of contracts, minutes of the local boards and shareholder meetings etc.).
• Ensure adherence to Novartis Outside Counsel Policy, develop a Country Outside Counsel Panel and manage external law firms.
• Manage the Cluster’s Legal budget.
• Compliance Establish compliance standards based on internal policies and all applicable local laws and regulations.
• Oversee local requirements relating to national law and national industry codes and ensure that all business practices conducted in the Cluster comply with such requirements.
• Facilitate the establishment and communication of local processes and SOPs covering Promotional Content, Interactions with HCPs/Patients and Grants and any additional relevant processes and SOPs.
• Establish local annual training plans covering compliance standards.
• Conduct on-boarding and refresher training on compliance standards.
• Champion an ethical tone throughout the organization (e.g. promote compliance standards through effective communication by actively involving senior and middle management to leverage messages on compliance and maintain a high level of awareness.
• Foster ethical behavior through the inclusion of criteria related to compliance in associates objectives.
• Develop measures to self-monitor the compliance program in the Cluster and implement corrective actions as necessary.
• Ensure communication and implementation of Business Practices Office process for reporting allegations of misconduct. Investigate alleged misconduct based on allocation of responsibility by Business Practices Office.
• Support Management regarding disciplinary measures related to misconduct. Consider appropriate ways by which associates learn about possible consequences of Compliance related misconduct or best practices.
• Engage in Global Compliance Initiatives.
Alcon is the global leader in eye care. As a division of Novartis, we offer a broad portfolio of products to enhance sight and improve people's lives. Our products touch the lives of more than 260 million people each year living with conditions like cataracts, glaucoma, retinal diseases and refractive errors, and there are millions more who are waiting for solutions to meet their eye care needs. Our purpose is reimagining eye care, and we do this through innovative products, partnerships with eye care professionals and programs that enhance access to quality eye care.
Our Purpose is Reimagining Eye Care.
Our Vision is to be the trusted leader in eye care.
Our Mission is to discover new ways to enhance sight and improve people’s lives.
‘I came for the job, I stay for the culture’
Benefits of Working for Alcon:
• A Competitive Salary package with fixed salary, bonus, pension and health insurance
• An informal work environment with competent and committed colleagues. We enjoy working together in a good and respectful manner, and we celebrate our common successes
• At Alcon, we encourage personal and professional development and the opportunity to make a career internally at Alcon, Sandoz or Novartis.
We are looking forward to talking to you and sharing more about our broad range of opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have:
• University degree in Law and Bar admission in one of the countries comprising the Cluster (preferably Czech Republic)
• English fluency required
• Extensive experience in legal practice (minimum 5 years).
• Preferably significant (minimum 3 years) experience in legal practice related to the medical device industry or pharma industry
• Proven ability to proactively provide insightful and timely legal support to stakeholders across a functionally and geographically-dispersed organization
We are looking for a positive and energetic person who is ready for new challenges and eager to learn - someone who is motivated by making a difference and has a curious and open mindset.
Alcon is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
We kindly ask you to apply with an English version of your CV and if shortlisted you can expect a call from an international number.
Head of Legal, Head of Compliance, Legal, Pharma, Corporate legal, Legal Director, Compliance Director, EMEA, ECE, Cluster