Eaton's Innovation Center has an opening for a:
Lead Cybersecurity Engineer – EATON
Lead Cybersecurity EngineerDescription:
Location: Prague, Roztoky, Czech Republic
The Eaton European Innovation Center (EEIC) offers an exciting, engaging, and fun environment for creative engineers who are looking for great learning, advancement and technology leadership opportunities in a broad range of technological fields and in an highly diverse team of researchers and engineers.
With over 100 employees we are a vibrant engineering and Innovation Center for electrical, vehicle, hydraulic, and aerospace applications for the region focus on businesses in Europe, Middle-East, & Africa.
The Lead Cybersecurity Engineer will be part of an international team of security experts in driving security initiative in Eaton Electrical product solutions.
This position will work with the Electrical Sector’s Security Working Group to ensure close coordination and compatibility of efforts to drive security strategies in the sector.
- Performs Product penetration testing using both automated and manual techniques.
- Designs/performs audits of electrical products to ensure they are operating securely either as a standalone product or in a system environment.
- Works with technical leads in various organizations and overseeing critical aspects of driving verification on their software, firmware and hardware Cybersecurity designs and implementations.
- Assesses assigned products to determine product security status. Designs and recommends security policies and procedures to implement; ensures compliance to policies and procedures.
- Works closely with Eaton Security Compliance team, ICS-CERTs etc. to identify, Test and address threats within Eaton Electrical in a timely manner by providing recommendation to product teams and prepare reports and analysis summary to management.
- Leads the effort to drive compliance with cybersecurity standards and regulations (IEC, BSI etc.) in EMEA and participate in technical working group to help enhance Eaton Cybersecurity requirements
- Responds to more complex queries and request for product security information and reports from both internal and external customers.
- Provides product recommendations of security packages to product teams; Reviews vendor products and makes recommendations as appropriate.
- Ensures that the implementation of Cybersecurity aspects of our products and solutions are sound and that can scale to meet our customers’ need.
- Provides training on Cybersecurity within the Electrical Sector.
- Provides support for product teams adopting Cybersecurity controls in their communicating products.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent experience) in a relevant technical field (computer science, electrical engineering, software engineering)
- 5+ years of experience with web application scanning and penetration tools like Nessus, MetaSploit, Qualys, Core Impact and AppScan
- 3+ years of experience with software/firmware development
- Understanding of security software solutions (IPS, Firewall, application firewalls, device security, encryption, etc.)
- Experience with protocol stacks and higher level protocols (e.g., HTTPS,SSL, TLS)
- Experience in applications security and systems security
- Ability to communicate in English
- Working with standards and regulations in Europe
- Secure Software Development Lifecycle experience
- Significant Interest and experience in all aspects of computer and network security. From requirements gathering, designing, development, testing, user experience to operations.
- Experience designing security solutions for distributed systems.
Nice to have:
- Experience using static and/or dynamic code analysis tool is required.
- Malware analysis experience
- Wireless penetration testing
- Mobile applications penetration testing
- Industry certifications such as, CISSP, CSSLP, CCSK desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to explain technical concepts.
What Eaton offers:
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Unique, challenging projects in a friendly & collaborative team
- Diverse working environment - open and professional atmosphere at all management levels
- Focus on people, learning & development
- On site laboratories, strong ties with Czech universities
- Fantastic opportunities for sport, cultural, family, and outdoor activities
- Flexible working hours