Lékaři bez hranic / Doctors without borders / Médecins sans frontiers (MSF) is an independent, international medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, exclusion from healthcare and natural disasters.
Our teams provide medical care for millions of patients every year in many different types of projects in more than 70 countries around the world. In 1999 MSF was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
The main goals of the Czech office include recruitment of new employees for missions abroad, fundraising and informing the public about our work.
WORK ABROAD AS PHARMACIST FOR HUMANITARIAN ORGANISATION
Have you ever thought of doing a challenging job abroad? Would you like to use your professional skills to improve somebody’s life? Are you willing to leave your family for several months to go and work in a developing country? If you answered “yes” to at least one of these questions, read further!
Pharmacists are essential to the effective and coordinated organizing of the entire medical supply chain that makes quality drugs and medical material available. They ensure that pharmaceutical practices comply with national regulations, and are responsible for the ordering, storage, and distribution of drugs and medical materials for MSF projects. They are often the focal points for negotiations with government officials regarding supply chain issues. They are responsible for the supervision of staff who deal with the daily management of pharmacy inventory.
· Completed pharmacy education
· Minimum of 2 years of work experience, ideally but not necessarily in a hospital
· Knowledge of quality management
· Knowledge of storage and transportation systems for medical supplies (vaccinations / medicines)
· Knowledge of HIV and TB treatment is desirable
· Experience in teaching and coaching is very useful
· Very good knowledge of English essential, other languages (in particular French) are a major advantage
· Available to leave for a mission of at least 6 to 12 months
· Working contract for the duration of the assignment with a monthly gross salary of 1 300 EUR
· Demanding but also very rewarding work
· Working as part of a multicultural team
· Coverage of all mission-related costs (travel, accommodation, insurance)
· Professional and personal enrichment
1. Attendance at an information evening where you can learn more about the organization and its work, and speak with experienced field personnel regarding the roles in the field. You may then submit your application.
2. If your application passes the initial screening, we will check your professional/technical qualifications.
3. Suitable candidates will then be invited to take part in an interview and assessment.
If you are interested in working for MSF, please sign up for the information evening/online webinar on http://www.lekari-bez-hranic.cz/cz/informacni-vecery.
For further information please contact us by phone +420 257 090 155 or visit our website at www.lekari-bez-hranic.cz/cz/prace-v-terenu.
Informace o pozici
- Lékaři bez hranic
- Zenklova 2245/29, Praha – Libeň
- Required education: University
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Salary: 1 300 – 1 700 EUR / month
- Listed in: Pharmaceutical, Pharmacist, Pharmacy Manager
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Limited (temporary)
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Non-profit organization
Zenklova 2245/29, 18000 Praha – Libeň, Česká republika