Zeebra Resource Solutions are a recruitment consultancy firm, with headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic. We are recognized as specialists and market leaders in the IT and Telco areas. Our clients are mostly international companies interested in establishing themselves in Central and Eastern Europe.
Lead UI SW Engineer / Architect - Big Data Products
The Big Data Engineering team is working on design and implementation of generic tools and platforms for enabling simple data ingestion and consumption of corporate data lake as well as various streaming use cases and products and also machine learning applications and pipelines. They also contribute to several Open Source products like Apache Spark, research of new technologies and investigation of their usability in the Big Data platforms.
The Lead Front-End Developer will be in charge of the development stack starting from the REST API and up. It basically includes developing of full-featured client applications from top to bottom (primarily Web applications, but not limited to it). It also includes taking care of applications UI and UX design, styling and such, so not just coding.
This is a senior developer role with the aim to grow into a tech lead role as soon as possible and makes sense.
The ultimate goal is to establish a center of Front-End development expertise inside a Big Data Engineering team. Once the Senior / Tech Lead position is filled it is planned to hire a couple more UI Developers who would report to this Tech Lead, while focusing on different projects.
In this role you will be responsible for leading and mentoring front-end developers, making application design and architecture decisions, fostering good front-end development practices, code standards etc. And also do a lot of coding yourself - this is a hands-on engineering position after all.
The role isn’t bound to just one specific project, although the majority of work we expect to be done on one Open Source project, at least for the first 6-9 months.
We are looking for a technically strong UI software engineer, with leading abilities and aspirations, proactive and self-motivated. The experience with particular languages, frameworks or libraries doesn’t matter much as long as the candidate is willing to learn.
For Front-End, different technology stacks are used for different projects. The biggest Open Source Appp is built on Angular 8 + NgRX, while another product is using OpenUI5. There is also a potential opportunity to rewrite those using other frameworks, like React, Elm or others. It’s all open to discussion and that's why this person is needed for this team :).
What's on offer
- Working with one of the coolest and most talented Big Data R&D teams in central Europe
- Supporting you in taking relevant courses and certifications
- Possibility to travel to conferences and events
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- 25 days holidays
- Up to 60 sick days per year (fully covered by the employer)90CZK per day meal vouchers (fully covered by the employer)3% cash employer contribution towards your pension fund
- Premium private medical insurance
- Beer & pizza Thursdays
- Multisport card & private gym in the office
- Flexible working hours
- Choice of Mac or Windows
If you're interested / curious to learn more about this opportunity please get in touch and I will be happy to provide more details and answer your questions. Alex AT Zeebra Dot Cz.
Informace o pozici
- ZEEBRA Resource Solutions, s.r.o.
- Required education: University
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, Programmer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Recruitment agency