Zeebra Resource Solutions are a recruitment consultancy firm, with headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic. We are recognized as specialists and market leaders in the IT and Telco areas. Our clients are mostly international companies interested in establishing themselves in Central and Eastern Europe.
Senior Cloud Engineer - AWS, Docker, Linux
Our client is a financial services company with a globally recognized brand name that is associated with wealth, prestige and success. Their success in core business is supported by a globally distributed software development operations and one of the key Technical Centers is based here in Prague, CZ.
There is a number of small to mid size teams that are parts of larger global / virtual teams operating fairly independently and focusing on development for specific parts of the business domain. Over the last 8 years our client managed to build up a Technical Center employing nearly 200 top professional software developers from all over Europe and is still growing with multiple opportunities available for the right individuals. The entry bar is set high, but so are the rewards for those who succeed.
This particular advert is for a Senior Cloud (AWS ) Engineer who will be involved in all engineering task around cloud infrastructure.
Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team
The team designs and develops tactical and strategic components to solve problems common across multiple projects. Helping teams to build scalable Cloud based solutions is another important function and this is the reason to hire a subject matter expert in Cloud Infrastructure and operations.
This will be a technical subject matter expert role with no initial line management responsibilities although that may change as the team grows. The role will allow for a good degree of freedom in choosing how to solve problems and requires a person who is curious and driven to do improve systems, infrastructure and processes that they encounter.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Providing consultancy and hands-on help to development teams designing, developing and releasing solutions to Cloud based infrastructure
- Take part in selection and integration of solutions to aid management of Cloud based provisioning
- Provide hands-on support resolving issues with Cloud based infrastructure
- Advise on best practice when designing and implementing Cloud based computing solutions
Skills and quailifications required:
- Strong communication skills and command of English
- University degree, preferably in a numerate subject (i.e. Computer Science, Math, Engineering, etc.).
- Strong knowledge and practical experience of AWS, Azure and other on-premise and off-premise Cloud computing solutions
- Strong knowledge of Linux systems administration. Some experience with Windows Systems Administration might come in handy too
- Some coding / programming experience in C# or Python , PowerShell, etc
- Strong knowledge of networking, security, firewalls and infrastructure required for scalable web services
- Familiarity with Docker, Chef / Puppet, Microservices, Hadoop is desirable
- Ability to interact with senior internal and external parties independently and cooperatively
- Flexible and creative problem solver
- 25 days holidays
- Excellent Salary Levels
- Genuine performance based bonuses.
- All standard benefits (mobile, lunch vouchers, pension plan, etc) - A brand name recognized globally as one of prestige and quality
- Professional and luxurious offices
- Working with latest and continually evolving technologies
- Everyday Use of English
- Possible travelling opportunities to UK and South Africa
Zeebra has been a preferred recruitment supplier for over 8 years and has an outstanding success record in placing candidates with this client. We closely know the company, processes and have direct access to hiring managers and decision makers. As a result we know what type of profiles our client is after and have a true insight into the company therefore are best equipped to give you an honest and accurate information about available opportunities and also match your profile to the right one.
If you are interested in learning more please feel free to contact us through www.zeebra.cz or email your CV/inquiry directly to Alex at Zeebra Dot Cz for immediate consideration and reply.
Alternatively you can apply through jobs.cz interface.
Informace o pozici
- ZEEBRA Resource Solutions, s.r.o.
- Required education: University
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Listed in: IS/IT: System and HW administration, IS/IT: Application and system development, Operating system and network administrator, Application SW administrator
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Recruitment agency