Zeebra Resource Solutions are a recruitment consultancy firm, with headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic. We are recognized as specialists and market leaders in the IT and Telco areas. Our clients are mostly international companies interested in establishing themselves in Central and Eastern Europe.
GO / Golang SW Engineer - Kubernetes, open source platform
Our client is one of the leading software development and IT Services organizations in the world. Prague is home to their strategic SW Development Hub that is primarily servicing South Africa's top Investment bank. The bank is now undergoing massive digital transformation - basically moving everything to the Cloud and also modern DevOps tool chain, including a large containerization as a service.
Join the Platform Engineering team that is rolling out containerization to an organisation of 42,000 people in twelve countries. The teams mission is to partner with internal teams, providing them with the tools and platform they need to build, secure and run their applications. Together we are building the future of banking while helping them learn and grow on newer technologies. We pioneer new technology and patterns using open source software; continuously pushing the boundary on what the future of banking should look like.
In Platform Engineering we’re putting the building blocks in place, it's an exhilarating place to be. You could be part of an experienced team of system and automation engineers who have extensive experience and knowledge. The team strives for engineering excellence, continuous improvement and is passionate about work and delivery. We write lots of code and design modern CaaS and DevOps solutions while tackling unique technical problems. We continuously aim to improve the agile and DevOps methodologies in the organisation; we strive to be the agents of change.
We are responsible for building out our container strategy and bridging the gap between infrastructure and developers. We are moving quickly in the direction of hyperconverged infrastructure and starting to focus on the use of Kubernetes Operators and serverless functions. We build custom tools alongside Kubernetes and need you to bring your core engineering skills in helping us take our team forward, focusing heavily on both your developmental and DevOps engineering capabilities you have mastered over the years.
In this role You will:
- Build controllers / operators for internal and open source projects
- Contribute extensively to open source projects such as Rancher and Kubernetes
- Solve unique technical problems around Istio and our adoption of service mesh capabilities to improve both our security and monitoring capability
- Work within a technically strong team and delivering high quality solutions with direct involvement in both the design and directional outcomes
- Help expand Rancher by building custom components for use by our teams
- Help grow Subatomic, our internal, open source developer automation framework
- Help build out our AWS container strategy, porting our developer automation tools for it
- Passionate about contributing to the open source community
- Kubernetes experience used across different projects - at least 1+ years
- Good understanding of Kubernetes related projects such as Knative, and the Operator framework
- Knowledge of the ecosystem and major projects around Kubernetes
- Strong track record of architecting and writing systems using good engineering practices
- The desire to continually learn about emerging technologies / emerging trends
- 5 years relevant programming experience - Python, GO, Java, C++.
- Willingness to learn and work with GO programming language
- Good level of English
This is a great opportunity for SW Developers looking to expand their skill set into Kubernetes and use on a large scale Containerization program using modern technologies and tools.
What's on offer - well everything you can think of really, (except remote work :) ) - very healthy salary, interesting project, nice and professional people around you, international environment, absolute top level modern offices with roof top terrace and beer taps, relax and play room, etc.
So if you're curious to learn more don't think twice and click apply! :)
Informace o pozici
- ZEEBRA Resource Solutions, s.r.o.
- Required education: University
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Salary: 130 000 – 180 000 CZK / month
- Listed in: IS/IT: System and HW administration, IS/IT: Application and system development, Programmer, Operating system and network administrator, Application SW administrator
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Recruitment agency