Zeebra Resource Solutions are a recruitment consultancy firm, with headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic. We are recognized as specialists and market leaders in the IT and Telco areas. Our clients are mostly international companies interested in establishing themselves in Central and Eastern Europe.
Snr QA Engineer - Data Back-up and Virtualization Product
Main key words: QA / server-side/ technical testing / manual and automated / Windows Applications /
There are tens and tens of job offers for QA Engineers of all technologies and levels but most are similar to the point it is difficult to tell them apart...But not this one. This position is Unique and here is why:
- You would be working on testing commercial packaged end product used by tens of thousand organizations worldwide
- It is not something you've worked on before almost sure of it - testing complex enterprise level back-up and restore systems
- The work is varied and challenging - can involve some coding ( if you're interested in it), can be dealing with lower level bugs, can be functional or stress testing - whatever your expertise and specialization in QA is, we need it!
- You will work in a trust based environment with engineering culture at organization's core and everything evolving around it - no nonsense policies and regulations - just you, your team and complex but fun technical problems to solve
- You will be rewarded not only by solving technical challenges, but also by unrivaled compensation package - one of the best on the local market
Our client creates software products to solve complicated tasks in the areas of data protection and management. Their clients are several hundreds of thousands of companies all over the world, including most of Fortune 500.
The tech stack consists of - VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V and Nutanix AHV virtualization platforms; Windows, Linux and Unix operating systems; Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL, Oracle and SAP HANA servers and databases; Amazon, Azure and Google public clouds; and many other technologies forming the core of the modern IT-world.
We are now looking for several Senior QA Engineers will join and strengthen one of major directions:
- Data Protection: a suite of products for data backup and restore in virtual, physical and cloud environments.
- Data Management: a set of products for monitoring, reporting, and process automation in virtual, physical and cloud environments.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Testing of one or several of the core products - data backup, restore or management
- Participating in products’ creation and development at all stages of their life cycle
- Analysing software requirements
- Participating in planning and creating the product test strategy
- Working closely with sw engineers and other involved parties
- Evaluating test results, maintaining defects database
- Participating in customer technical support processes.
Expected qualifications and experience
- Technical education or passion for technology
- 3+ years of software testing experience - can be manual or automated, server side testing of desktop applications or performance, regression and stress testing of web and mobile apps. Important thing is that you really know the area of your specialization withing the broad and wide world of QA
- Deep understanding of software development principles and the QA role in this process
- Experience developing test strategies and plans, analyzing test progress, and optimizing the software testing processes.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows, Linux or Unix operating systems.
- Experience in network technologies and systems (DNS, DHCP, basic network settings, etc.) would be advantageous
- Open and flexible mind, common sense, clear logic, analytical skills.
- Desire and ability to work in a team.
- Good level of English language
Additional skills that will help you in your job:
- Experience working with databases like Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle
- Experience working with virtualization platforms like VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Experience in test automation.
- Experience managing and developing a QA team.
What's on offer
- Excellent professional and career opportunities in the international team of talented and energetic people.
- Competitive salary and regular pay rises.
- Generous benefits package from the very first day of your employment including: premium health insurance program for you and your children, additional payments for sick leave, English classes, meal tickets, MultiSport card, public transport pass, cell phone contract, and many others.
- Flexible working hours, no bureaucracy or formalism.
- Professional trainings and education, including courses and conferences, internal meetups and unlimited access to online library.
- Relocation package for non-Prague candidates: one additional salary as a one-time payment.
Informace o pozici
- ZEEBRA Resource Solutions, s.r.o.
- Required education: University
- Required languages: English (Intermediate)
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, Programmer, Tester, Quality Manager
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Recruitment agency