Zeebra Resource Solutions are a recruitment consultancy firm, with headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic. We are recognized as specialists and market leaders in the IT and Telco areas. Our clients are mostly international companies interested in establishing themselves in Central and Eastern Europe.
ML / Data Science Engineer - Java, Scala, Hadoop, Spark
The Big Data & Fast Data team is part of a new emerging SW Engineering company in Prague. The team is split into two locations - Prague and South Africa.
There are over 50 Big Data Engineers and Admins working in Prague and the team is planning to grow considerably in the upcoming months.
The team is very active in the Open Source community and are contributing to it, for example they have submitted project Spline on GitHub.
They also are active community members and take part in majority global Big Data conferences both as attendees and speakers.
Last but not least - they do very cool stuff with Kafka and Spark, Big Data and Fast Data streaming and now also with Data Science and Machine Learning
They are currently looking to build a team that will be more focused on Data Science and Machine Learning, making sense of all that Data that is processed by the Engineering team.
This role provides an exciting opportunity to roll out a new strategic initiative within the firm - define and develop Data Products and ML models on huge amounts of data processed by the Engineering team.
Typical tasks would include:
- Participation on the definition of requirements for data products
- Feature elicitation and engineering
- Research, define, deploy, monitor, maintain and improve models
- Implement, deploy, monitor, maintain and improve pipelines
- Data cleansing
- 2 years of experience in Data Science with proved track record and understanding of the whole life-cycle of artifacts deployed
- Good understanding of the underlying principles behind machine learning approaches
- Experience with at least Machine Learning framework - TensorFlow, Scikit, Mahout, H2O
- Knowledge of some of the JVM-based languages - Java, Scala, Clojure, Groovy, Jython, Kotlin. You don;t need to be an expert, but do need to know how to code
It would be great if you also have some of the below:
- Experience with Spark and Hadoop
- Some coding skills in Scala or Java
- Good understanding of functional programming.
- Good understanding of the mathematical aspects involved in Machine Learning.
What's on offer:
- Work in the most luxurious and modern office buildings in Prague - fantastic work environment and infrastructure
- Work alongside top level Big Data professionals - one of the few highly specialized Big Data Engineering teams in Prague
- Be an active member of the Open Source community
- Genuinely interesting and non-trivial work and projects
- Young but very mature team, great atmosphere and environment, close-knit collective
If you're interested to know more please drop me a line to Alex At Zeebra Dot Cz or just click apply below.
Informace o pozici
- ZEEBRA Resource Solutions, s.r.o.
- Required education: University
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, Programmer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Recruitment agency