Zeebra Resource Solutions are a recruitment consultancy firm, with headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic. We are recognized as specialists and market leaders in the IT and Telco areas. Our clients are mostly international companies interested in establishing themselves in Central and Eastern Europe.
Software Development Manager
Our client is a true cornerstone of a global FinTech industry - it provides access to individuals and corporations to global capital markets and enables financial trading. To achieve this they utilize highly sophisticated and complex software systems that ensure each trade and transaction is processed and cleared in accordance with the market regulations.
Prague is home to their IT / SW Development Center that is a true power house of SW Development - with over 400 sw developers working across multiple product and project streams. They are recognized as one of the top Technology employers in Czech Republic and their name is associated with German quality, reliability and success.
There is now an opportunity for a SW Development / Engineering Manager to join the organization as the head of one of the SW Development Units, more specifically a team that develops applications for Investment Funds. The team size is 30+ people, approximately half are sw developers.
The successful candidate needs technical experience and leadership to shape the vision, influence and implement new designs, architecture and standards, and manage the team in engineering focused projects. You can expect a high degree of ownership. You will learn a lot in an exciting industry at the intersection of finance and technology.
You will need some hands-on skills (perhaps you used to be a developer or a team lead a couple of years ago but still keep updating your tech skills when you get a chance), ideally in Java, but coding will not be the main part of the job, it is more to allow you to be on the same level as sw developers in technical discussions and will help in decision making process. This position will not be a good match for a people manager without any sw development skills or background.
- Identify talents within and outside the team, and create opportunities for the team members to upgrade their skills and experience
- Assign targets and conduct yearly appraisal of staffs
- Participate in the hiring and ramp-up of new developers
- Lead software engineers (internal and external) in their developments tasks
- Liaise with business users, project managers, business analysts, QA engineers and other development teams
- Secure development plans and ensure proper internal and external resources allocation
- Optimise the management of the external resources to stay within cost budget
- Secure production and customer testing support
- Define the application SLA and providing KPIs
- Be the main point of contact for the IT audit process
- Be contributor to the general application architecture and design
- Strong people management and diplomatic skills
- At least 5 years of practical experience with leading a sw development team, ideally of 10 or more developers
- An excellent level of spoken and written English is mandatory. Czech language is an asset, but not mandatory
- Willingness to travel up to 4 weeks per year
- Experience or at least interest in financial world (Mutual / Hedge Funds) is appreciated
- Technical experience, especially with full-stack Java application development, is highly advantageous
Why join our client:
Please contact us to see the benefits list as it is genuinely long (and impressive). Salary levels, bonuses, office environment, general benefits are all above market averages. This opportunity will present you with a truly relaxed, fun and meaningful career based on: clear career plans, fair and effective appraisal system, and a culture built around trust, responsibility and collective drive.
Please email your CV and application to Alex AT zeebra DOT cz for immediate consideration or feel free to request further information.
Informace o pozici
- ZEEBRA Resource Solutions, s.r.o.
- Required education: University
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Cell phone, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Corporate recreational facilities, Educational courses, training
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, Development Manager / Team Leader
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Recruitment agency