Zeebra Resource Solutions are a recruitment consultancy firm, with headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic. We are recognized as specialists and market leaders in the IT and Telco areas. Our clients are mostly international companies interested in establishing themselves in Central and Eastern Europe.
Head of SW Development - DevOps, Cloud, Agile
Our client is a true cornerstone of a global FinTech industry - it provides access to individuals and corporations to global capital markets and enables financial trading. To achieve this they utilize highly sophisticated and complex software systems that ensure each trade and transaction is processed and cleared in accordance with the market regulations.
Prague is home to their IT / SW Development Center that is a true power house of SW Development - with over 400 sw developers working across multiple product and project streams. They are recognized as one of the top Technology employers in Czech Republic and their name is associated with German quality, reliability and success.
We are currently looking for a senior technical leader to head one of the key SW Development Departments - namely Reference Data.
A one sentence description of this role would look something like this: A strong technical people manager experienced with transforming sw teams from old / traditional to modern Agile SW Development methodologies / practices and implementing modern technologies using Cloud, DevOps tool chain, etc.
The Head of Reference Data Services must be an inspiring leader in the dimensions of technology and people leadership with proven record in strategic or operational execution. You are dedicated to your team and your team’s success and are a role model in a team of junior and senior talents with diversity in experience, background, and locations.
Personal motivated egos are not embraced. You can live with 80% quality (information security, compliance and operations are always 100%) for the sake of speed, delivery, and positive customer experience, while meeting tight deadlines and juggling multiple critical requests.
You will lead three product data teams that cover the full value chain. Each team is end-to-end responsible for the data model, data delivery, and data streaming to all internal and external clients. The teams consist of strong individual experts in the areas of Functional Analysis, Engineering, and Architecture, and are operating highly resilient applications today which started to transition into a data-oriented delivery model. This is a unique opportunity for the teams to re-design data model, data architecture, and software platforms into a modern cloud-native Software-as-a-Service / Data-as-a-Service environment – you can shape, design, develop jointly with the team.
The perfect candidate for this role will have a “can do” positive attitude, model cultural transformation by embracing and encompassing diversity & inclusion. Bring your curiosity and interest in life-long learning to all situations, mixed with a great sense of humor to diffuse challenging situations.
If you strive to take ownership and develop creative solutions, are fascinated by technology, and like to work in a challenging and fast paced environment – then you are exactly the person we are looking for.
- Be a role model as people leader – significant portion of your time will be to develop individuals within your organization, and build a high performing team
- Be a role model for customer and user experience for everything we do, every day
- Oversee the development of Reference Data platforms and ensure stable operations and delivery in the as-is world (mainframe applications, Linux/Java/Oracle applications, 3rd party applications)
- Build the minimum viable product as reference architecture – data-oriented platform, micro-service & API-driven architecture, re-design of data model, simple UI, simple data access
- Build a roadmap to transition the existing services and applications into the new platform in alignment with internal and external customers, as they need to transition as well
- Build-up/evolve capacity and skills in DevOps, Data Architecture, agile software development methodology (eg Scrum), and IT operations for the new platform
- Accompany very closely the teams on the journey – this requires true people leadership, as each team member is a strong asset with many years of experience
- Oversee and deliver (internal) customer projects in scope, budget, timeline
- Implement and further evolve a process-oriented and KPI-oriented thinking (eg development processes, release management, product backlog)
- Implement and evolve a DevOps culture jointly with your and the operations team, including documentation
- Stay on top of market trends in technology, people/skills, data to continuously evolve your organization
- Support strategic initiatives, as well as compliance initiatives (2nd line of defence) within Corporate IT
Expected skills and experience:
- 10+ years’ experience in software and ideally from financial industry with background in data models, data structures and software engineering
- Implementation experience with modern software development practices and software architectures (microservice / API architectures, at least one cloud hyperscaler like Azure, AWS, or GCP)
- Strong understanding in DevOps and SRE principals with proven experience
- Experience in people leadership – either line or program – including inter-cultural competence, multi-location (Germany, Luxembourg, Prague)
- Experience in delivery & operations, including shift & capacity planning, of highly production-critical systems
- Experience in agile project methodologies and reporting – both IT internal as well as ambassador on the client side
- Experience in proper scope, budget/capacity, timeline planning and active management
- Strong process orientation and client focus, including constant benchmarking and measurement of delivery
- Language skills – fluent English, ideally also German as a significant part of the team is based in Germany
- Strong presentation skills to internal and external stakeholders up to C-Level – simple, smart, convincing
Why join our client:
Please contact us to see the benefits list as it is genuinely long (and impressive). Salary levels, bonuses, office environment, general benefits are all above market averages. This opportunity will present you with a truly relaxed, fun and meaningful career based on: clear career plans, fair and effective appraisal system, and a culture built around trust, responsibility and collective drive.
Please email your CV and application to Alex AT zeebra DOT cz for immediate consideration or feel free to request further information.
Informace o pozici
- ZEEBRA Resource Solutions, s.r.o.
- Required education: University
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Cell phone, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Corporate recreational facilities, Educational courses, training
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, IT Manager, Development Manager / Team Leader
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Recruitment agency