Zeebra Resource Solutions are a recruitment consultancy firm, with headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic. We are recognized as specialists and market leaders in the IT and Telco areas. Our clients are mostly international companies interested in establishing themselves in Central and Eastern Europe.
SW Engineer for High Performance Computing Grid - Java, C++
High Performance Computing / Distributed Systems / Java / C++ / Algorithms / Data Structures / Cloud Grid Computing
We're looking for skilled server-side SW Engineers ( Java and / or C++) who are interested in working with highly distributed systems, solving non-trivial problems related to High Performance Grid Computing and love to own the problem until it's solved. All of that in a new team with startup culture and environment, but under the umbrella of a stable and secure international hi-tech company. It's a new team and we'd like to build a team that balances youthful enthusiasms and strong theoretical knowledge of fresh Computer Science Graduates with a wealth of practical experience and know-how of senior sw engineers.
The High Performance Computing (HPC) team provides a highly distributed, parallel computing platform for compute intensive workloads. It utilizes cutting edge techniques like scavenging of idle compute cores, GPU’s and batch load management across large compute grids. This is a global service that runs on over 100,000 cores of compute worldwide.
The HPC team operates globally with teams in London, Prague and NY.
The Core components team has been successfully operating, defining and building a common service framework for nearly two decades continually pushing the boundaries of the possible and providing a unique and unsurpassed quality service. The framework includes components for common testing, deployment, hosting, logging, configuration and monitoring. The next challenge is to take the grid to the cloud, scaling high performance computing to the next level.
What will you be doing?
Maintain and Develop code: the team owns software components enhancing and extending functionality of the grid and providing visualisation, automation and support to various teams. The HPC Engineering team is responsible for defining, developing and deploying these components. Due to the business critical nature of HPC operations, there is a strong focus on bullet-proof coding, test driven development and attention to detail.
Consultancy: work with client development teams to assist with on-boarding applications to the grid, with performance enhancements and analysis of grid configuration issues. Act as subject matter expert and represent HPC's interest in various development forums.
Engineering projects: own and manage engineering projects to enhance the environment and HPC's service. This can include integration with Barclays' core infrastructure systems, implementing and customizing third party tools such as log analytics tools, or developing management software to enhance the grid service offering.
Who we’re looking for:
- Senior Java SW Engineer with Java 8, Spring Boot, Maven or C++ programmer who is interested in learning Java
- Experience in developing Microservices and API design (RAML)
- Above all a Solid Computer Science background and computational thinking - you won't be scared if asked about computational complexity, basic and more advanced sorting algorithms and data structures
- Knowledge of enterprise level messaging, authentication and encryption techniques
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Experience working with distributed computing technologies (Tibco Gridserver, IBM Symphony, etc.)
- Experience working with Public Cloud offerings – AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
For the right candidate a very attractive compensation package is on offer well as all the standard employee benefits, flexible work conditions, great facilities and top level colleagues. Get in touch at Alex AT Zeebra Dot Cz to find out more or just click apply below :)
Informace o pozici
- ZEEBRA Resource Solutions, s.r.o.
- Required education: University
- Required languages: English (Intermediate)
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, Development Manager / Team Leader, Programmer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Recruitment agency