Zeebra Resource Solutions are a recruitment consultancy firm, with headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic. We are recognized as specialists and market leaders in the IT and Telco areas. Our clients are mostly international companies interested in establishing themselves in Central and Eastern Europe.
Big Data Application Developer
Our Client is a British multinational investment bank and financial services company headquartered in London. It has operations in over 40 countries and regional Development Center in Prague. They provide large corporate, government and institutional clients with a full spectrum of solutions to their strategic advisory, financing and risk management needs.
Our team is looking for a Spark/Scala/Hadoop back-end developer to join our global team. You will be responsible for system analysis, design, and application development including automated testing. In this role you will be a part of an exciting initiative aiming to replace mature distributed services with new Spark/Scala/Hadoop based Big Data components shared across whole bank.
- Development and deployment of data applications
- Creation of data ingestion pipelines between legacy data warehouses and the big data stack
- Automation of application back-end workflows
- Mentoring junior big data engineers
- Engage with business analysts and subject matter experts to ensure appropriate delivery according to expectations.
- Integrate with other teams and services across the bank.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong programming skills
- Background in computer science, engineering, physics, mathematics or equivalent
- Be eager to learn new approaches and technologies
- Some exposure to Scala or other functional languages (Haskell, Clojure, Kotlin, Clean) is an advantage
- Experience with some of the following: Apache Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig, Oozie, ZooKeeper, MongoDB, CouchbaseDB, Impala, Kudu, Linux, Bash, version control tools, continuous integration tools
Informace o pozici
- ZEEBRA Resource Solutions, s.r.o.
- Pobřežní 249/46, Praha – Karlín
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: System and HW administration, IS/IT: Application and system development
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Recruitment agency
Pobřežní 249/46, 18600 Praha – Karlín, Česká republika
774 735 789