Zeebra Resource Solutions are a recruitment consultancy firm, with headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic. We are recognized as specialists and market leaders in the IT and Telco areas. Our clients are mostly international companies interested in establishing themselves in Central and Eastern Europe.
Senior server-side C# Developer - lead a small team of 4
Calling out to all hard core server-side C# developers! A new hi-tech company in Prague is growing a team of highly specialist developers to work on ultra low latency systems development. This is without any exaggeration a unique and one of the most technically exciting and challenging opportunities in Prague.
This is not another dull / box-standard client -server web app development - you would be working on high-availability ultra-low-latency systems where every nanosecond counts and provides that competitive advantage to its users.
Our client is a UK headquartered company, they are a leading provider of trading technology to all major electronic market places - investment banks, brokerage firms and stock exchanges. Last year they have joined forces with a Prague-based tech start-up and as a result of this acquisition they are now expanding their operation in Prague and are building a highly specialist SW development team to undertake all the development and support of its software.
Some of the stuff they are working on is explained in the introduction video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCluP38Mbow
The core of the system is developed in Java and C# ( high performance parallel code, heavily multi-threaded), but it is equally important that you have a solid understanding of Computer Science topics like data structures, algorithms, multi-threading and other stuff required to build highly efficient distributed systems.
Currently the development team consists of 15+ developers, is continuously growing and is seeking a highly-motivated, knowledgeable, and easy-going Lead C# Developer supervising sub-team of 4 developers.
You will lead and work in a small, well-knit team of highly intelligent and skilled sw engineers working on unique, niche and very interesting projects.
- Development and Analysis
- Design solutions and supervise other developers to ensure high code quality
- Run daily catch ups with the team and check development progress
- Suggest code refactoring to decrease probability of bugs
- Develop new features and modules of existing platforms / components including ultra-low latency FIX engine and Visual Studio like custom development UI
- Proactively suggest and implement improvements of current code base
- Analyze and profile code Support
Expected candidate profile
- University educated, ideally in CompSci or similar discipline
- Team leadership / management
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Strong knowledge of C# programming language
- Professional experience with Java is a great benefit, but not a requirement
- Knowledge of distributed server-side systems is a strong plus
- Understanding principles of multithreading
- Good communication skills
Why join our client:
- Gain experience highly demanded in big financial centers like London, NY …
- Young, but skilled and talented International team
- Become part of core development team
- Access to cutting edge technology
- Challenging and highly demanding projects
- Real potential of personal growth
Information about position
- ZEEBRA Resource Solutions, s.r.o.
- Required education: University
- Required languages: English (Intermediate)
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, Programmer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract, contract under Trade Certificate / Identification No.
- Employer type: Recruitment agency