Zeebra Resource Solutions are a recruitment consultancy firm, with headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic. We are recognized as specialists and market leaders in the IT and Telco areas. Our clients are mostly international companies interested in establishing themselves in Central and Eastern Europe.
Principal Data Engineer - hands-on Team and Tech Lead
Principal Data Engineer - hands-on Team and Tech Lead for a new Data Engineering team in Prague
Are you an experienced Data Engineer who has a real passion for enabling data-driven business decisions and working on groundbreaking analytics technologies? Then this is the role for you.
About the Data Engineering Team
The Data Engineering Team's mission is to empower our internal business partners with the information to make better decisions for our customers. All of our team members collaboratively work together to design, build, and sustain our Data Ecosystem, which includes technologies like our Data Warehouse, Data Lake, and proprietary predictive analytics tools. We build the right thing, the right way through positive relationships with Technology, Marketing, Analytics and Finance.
When you join our team, you will have a fantastic opportunity to advance your career by working in cutting-edge technology and growing your business expertise.
As the Principal Data Engineer for our European-based engineering teams, you will help us scale our Data infrastructure to expand our proprietary predictive analytics and Big Data capabilities. You will accomplish this by designing our technical roadmap, growing our Data Engineering knowledge through mentoring your team members, and closely collaborating with the Business and fellow Data Leadership Team members to ensure we are delivering on the right strategy, the right way. Your technical experience and business insight will directly drive real business results. Your ability to seek complex challenges and collaborate in a team environment will mean you have an immediate impact.
- Drive the technical roadmap for the Data Ecosystem, which includes our Data Warehouse and Data Lake
- Mentor the Europe Data Engineering Team on best-in-class industry practices
- Collaborate with Business and Data Leadership to understand customer needs, challenges, and opportunities
- Effectively communicate the Data strategy to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Be curious about trends and emerging technologies in the Data space, participate in user communities, and share what you learn with your teammates
- Ability to travel around 25% of the time to Barcelona, Prague, Tunis, and Boston (US) offices
Experience We're Looking For:
- Background working on Data Lakes
- Desire to mentor junior and mid-level engineers
- Expertise with developing data processing solutions and data applications utilizing technologies like Python, C#, Java, SQL, Spark, or NoSQL DB
- Experience working with all kinds of data - clean, dirty, unstructured, semi-structured and relational
- Problem solving and multitasking ability in a fast-paced, globally distributed environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience with developing end-to-end data pipelines in large cloud-compute infrastructure solutions such Azure, AWS and Google is a plus
Why apply for this role:
In just over a year since opening the Prague Dev Hub our client managed to build one of the most attractive SW Development organizations in town. They hire the best sw professionals and let them run the shop, literally. They implemented pure Agile Scrum with self managed units , minimal paper management and full liberty and responsibility for the work they are doing. These are not just words - we have been getting only 5* reviews from all the guys who we placed there. It's not a corporate, but a chaotic start up either, it's a mid sized company with strong technical leadership and most importantly very experienced and professional team of engineers.
Oh, and besides great work environment, top level colleagues, interesting projects and opportunity to get your hands on various technologies, they also pay very well :)
If you're interested in learning more or have some specific questions - please let me know at Alex At Zeebra Dot Cz. or just click apply button below.
Informace o pozici
- ZEEBRA Resource Solutions, s.r.o.
- Required education: University
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, Database specialist, Development Manager / Team Leader
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Personální agentura