Zeebra Resource Solutions are a recruitment consultancy firm, with headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic. We are recognized as specialists and market leaders in the IT and Telco areas. Our clients are mostly international companies interested in establishing themselves in Central and Eastern Europe.
Senior C++ / Linux Developer
Senior C++ / Linux Developer - server side
Our client is a global successful Ad Tech comapny competing with the likes of Google and Facebook in the space of online advertising and marketing, serving relevant and quality content to millions of internet users worldwide. Their competitive advantage comes from applying advanced Machine Learning and AI models on a Big Data scale (over 150 Petabytes of data to maximize the effectiveness of targeted online marketing campaigns and making ads less annoying and more relevant :)
Prague Dev Hub is just 1 year old, but has already became integral node in the geographically distributed network of out client's engineering teams. In just 12 months they grew from 0 to currently over 20 top level sw engineers from all over CZ and beyond ( include CVUT and MatFyz PhD's, professors, researchers and commercial sw develops of the highest caliber). The tech stack is varied and includes Core Java / JVM (Server side infrastructure) , Big Data Infrastructure engineering (Hadoop ecosystem), Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence.
Now we are looking for a Senior C++ Software Engineer to be a part of a small team that is developing distributed, high frequency, load and high performance server infrastructure managing billions of requests per day. The system is distributed worldwide in several data centers including AWS environment.
You will be responsible for:
- Design and develop high-volume, scalable, and fault-tolerant back-end server systems
- Design and develop complex applicative logic on top of the infrastructure
- Support the operation team in handling production related issues
- You will work with product managers, engineers and talented cross-functional teams to design, implement and deliver a variety of projects all vital to the success of our client's business.
What will you need to succeed?
- A degree in Computer Science - ideally MSc or PhD or equivalent level understanding of Computer Science topics (algorithms design / optimization, computational complexity, advanced data structures, etc)
- At least 5 years of sw development in C++ ( Linux Stack ideally )
- Working with complex distributed multi-threaded systems
- Expert in server side technologies
- Experience in developing high-quality business logic on server side
- Mature, responsible and dedicated, requires minimal hand-holding, able to work in a geographically dispersed team
- Highly motivated, resourceful and intelligent
Above all a pretty unique(for the local market at least) opportunity to work on a really exciting tech platform with some pretty smart folks (PhDs in Machine Learning and AI from Stanford and Cambridge). Some numbers to support the claims for the scale and complexity:
. ~250 Billion bid requests per day (43 times the number of searches run on Google in a day)
. 2 Million requests per second at peak
. AI completes over 36 Billion decisions per second
.. for every bid, considering thousands of active campaigns and many multiple objectives
. for every bid, keeping to the SLA of under 100 millisecond per single request (70 milisec + latency)
. logs size: hundreds of TB per day
. physical data centers (core system)
.. 5000 servers
.. 72,000 processor cores
.. 240 teraflops compute power
.. 700,000 GB RAM
.. ~200 Petabytes storage
Besides the fulfillment you'll get from working on all this cool tech - you will also be paid very well and enjoy a high level of autonomy and freedom - as that's what we'd expect from a Senior and mature professional.
if you are interested in learning more about this cool and exciting opportunity - please send me an email to Alex AT zeebra Dot cz.
Information about position
- ZEEBRA Resource Solutions, s.r.o.
- Required education: University
- Required languages: English (Intermediate)
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, Programmer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Recruitment agency