Zeebra Resource Solutions are a recruitment consultancy firm, with headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic. We are recognized as specialists and market leaders in the IT and Telco areas. Our clients are mostly international companies interested in establishing themselves in Central and Eastern Europe.
Senior Big Data Engineer - Cloud, Hadoop, Python, SQL
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer who has a strong desire to help enable business decisions with data. Someone who appreciates the power of a data-driven environment, descriptive, diagnostic & predictive analytics, and the challenges of working with very large data sets!
Our client's Data Engineering team empowers stakeholders in every part of the company to make better decisions with data. Working on the Data Engineering Team is a premier opportunity to further develop your career in business and Big Data Analytics.
A Data Engineer works to design, build and maintain components like Warehouse, Data lake, Decision Engine and the Data Ecosystem, partnering with every other team– such as Marketing, Analytics, or Finance- to help them achieve their goals. Whether building data warehouse, complex data pipelines, optimizing OLAP cubes, or developing internal predictive analytics tools you will be working with cutting edge technology and hundreds of terabyte data sets.
Core skills include Python, SQL, Big Data technologies (Spark, No SQL DB) and cloud technologies.
At their core, the Data Engineer has strong technical abilities combined with the business acumen to understand where they can deliver the greatest value. They should think critically to tackle complex challenges, thrive in a fast-paced environment and seek a high-growth opportunity to have an immediate impact on day one.
Your primary objectives will be:
- Building a modern data infrastructure using SQL, Python, Microsoft Azure, AWS and other technologies to process terabytes of data
- Building a data ecosystem to enable diagnostic and predictive analytics capabilities
- Working with several large and complex data ecosystem components on Azure DW, data lake, predictive modeling environment, etc.
- Building distributed ETL systems across a range of platforms and technologies
You’ll be familiar with:
- Experience working with data – all kinds, clean, dirty, unstructured, semi-structured and relational
- Experience in real-time and batch data processing and associated technologies
- Proficiency in programming and scripting languages such as Python or C# or some other language of your choice
- Ability to design, develop and deploy end to end data pipelines that meet business requirements and use cases
- Experience with large cloud compute infrastructure solutions such Azure, AWS and Google
- Some knowledge of SQL
- Experienced enough to take ownership of tasks autonomously, while also able to work collaboratively in a multi-location organization
Why apply for this role:
In just over a year since opening the Prague Dev Hub our client managed to build one of the most attractive sw development organizations in town. They hire the best sw professionals and let them run the shop, literally. They implemented pure Agile Scrum with self managed units , minimal paper management and full liberty and responsibility for the work they are doing. These are not just words - we have been getting only 5* reviews from all the guys who we placed there. It's not a corporate, but a chaotic start up either, it's a mid sized company with strong technical leadership and most importantly very experienced and professional team of engineers.
Oh, and besides great work environment, top level colleagues, interesting projects and opportunity to get your hands on various technologies, they also pay very well :)
If you're interested in learning more or have some specific questions - please let me know at Alex At Zeebra Dot Cz. or just click apply button below.
Information about position
- ZEEBRA Resource Solutions, s.r.o.
- Required education: University
- Required languages: English (Intermediate)
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, Programmer, Database specialist
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Recruitment agency