Wargaming is growing Prague based development studio and we’re looking for a Senior Programmer to work on new and exciting features for our groundbreaking MMO title World of Tanks, which has over 100 million players worldwide.
As the Senior Programmer you’ll work closely with the gameplay programmers and will be responsible for implementing, debugging, and refining core gameplay features.
To be successful, you will need to be a generalist programmer with Python or C++ programming skills who is passionate about game development, team coordination and working in collaborative multicultural environment.
The Senior Programmer will report to the Lead Engineer.
What will you do?
• Write high performing, stable and easy to maintain code.
• Supervisory responsibilities for the programming team, including training and work allocation.
• Design and implement subsystems for new versions of World of Tanks client and Server
• Proactively address technical issues and risks that could impede project delivery.
• Coordinate with discipline leads.
• Participate in code and architecture solutions and reviews.
What are we looking for?
• 5 years + Python or C++ programming skills gained from the video game industry.
• Experience and interest in server-side architectures and back-end stack development.
• Problem solving skills, you strive to find ways to overcome problems before they arise.
• You value developing your skills and knowledge and inspire others around you to do the same.
• An inquisitive, proactive and self-motivated individual with a positive team-oriented attitude.
• Strong English communication skills.
• Experience working in an agile environment.
• Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical discipline.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
• Team leadership experience, mentoring, guiding and work allocation.
• Russian Language skills.
Wargaming: About Us
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!
Informace o pozici
- Wargaming Prague s.r.o.
- Sokolovská 394/17, Praha – Karlín
- Required education: College
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Above-standard medical care, Flexible start/end of working hours, Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Corporate recreational facilities, Refreshments on workplace, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Corporate events
- Listed in: IS/IT: System and HW administration, IS/IT: Application and system development, Research and development
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer