Avantor®, a Fortune 500 company, is a leading global provider of mission-critical products and services to customers in the biopharma, healthcare, education & government, and advanced technologies & applied materials industries. Our portfolio is used in virtually every stage of the most important research, development and production activities in the industries we serve. One of our greatest strengths comes from having a global infrastructure that is strategically located to support the needs of our customers. Our global footprint enables us to serve more than 225,000 customer locations and gives us extensive access to research laboratories and scientists in more than 180 countries. We set science in motion to create a better world.
Our more than 12,000 associates globally are passionate about setting science in motion to create a better world. By choosing a career with Avantor, a Fortune 500 company, you will make breakthroughs, make a difference—and make your mark. You will work closely with dedicated people who share your enthusiasm for innovation, excellence and achievement. Whether you want to help customers advance science or solve complex problems, Avantor is where you belong.
More information about the company:
Manager EHSS&S and QM (m/f/d)
Reporting to the Director EHSS&S Eastern Hemisphere, the EHSS&S/QM Manager will provide tactical and strategic direction for the organization and will work closely with the Senior Leadership Team for the Czech Republic.
Furthermore, the Manager will coordinate countrywide with stake holders to create new environmental, health and safety, security, sustainability and quality standard operating procedures (SOP), where necessary, and maintain existing SOPs in accordance with the company-wide Compliance leadership team for EHSS&S and QM.
The position will be based in Stříbrná Skalice with approximately 20% travel time across the Czech Republic and Europe.
- Leads and develops topics in accordance with the Environmental, Health, Safety, Security, and Sustainability (EHSSS&S) organization for Czech Republic.
- Serves as EHSS&S point of contact for government, customer and internal safety and quality audits.
- Supports introduction and monitoring of full-spectrum EHS processes for all Avantor businesses, including Manufacturing, Production, Distribution, Analysis Laboratories and Services.
- Consulting on risk assessment (planning, implementation, and operations) for all site locations.
- Manages incident investigations.
- Collects, evaluates, and documents best-practices Czech Republic wide and introduces them as appropriate for regional and international business operations.
- Develops, maintains and coordinates the (standardized) Audit program Czech Republic wide; aligns with the overall European organization for ISO certification (45001, 14001, 9001)
- Supports the Security organization to assess the security risks of the operations.
- Supports the Director of EHSS&S to drive improvement by developing and providing leadership, training, and resources for EHSS&S.
- Supports the EHSS&S organization to collaborate with cross-functional teams and plan for and respond to emergencies including labor interruptions, pandemics and other business interruptions.
- Interacts with the EHSS&S Leadership Team to advise necessary continuous improvement efforts so that systems and processes are in line with overall company strategy, quality policy, Federal, State, and Local regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Develops, implements, communicates and maintains a plan to keep the Company’s Quality Management Systems and Policies in compliance with ISO 9001 management system requirements.
- Sets up and maintains controls and documented procedures including defining and agreeing operating procedures in conjunction with relevant operational leaders.
- Implements and maintains an internal audit plan, coordinate and perform audits based on the internal audit plan.
- Manages resolution of customer complaints including liaising with customers and suppliers for completion of SCAR reports, creation and management of CAPA as required.
- Liaises with certification body auditors and ensure the execution of corrective actions and compliance
- Coordinates recall actions for the local organization and provide field action feedback to European Field Action team.
- Master’s/Engineer’s degree in Health and Safety, Public Health, Technical Education or Chemical Engineering
- Required proven knowledge of EHS legislation and appropriate EHS certification
- Certification as an Internal auditor (ISO9001, 14001 and 45001)
- Several years of experience in a similar role
- Languages: Czech, English business level, any other European language a bonus
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of manufacturing, production, distribution, analysis laboratories and services businesses general and chemical industry
- Excellent analytical and technical skills and good knowledge of ergonomics
- Experience in EHS and Quality in a manufacturing or production environment.
- Working knowledge: ISO requirements, Czech /European occupational health and safety legislation, local governing agencies
- Experience in EHS Management and EHS Management Systems
- Willingness to travel regularly, also internationally
- Commitment and enthusiasm are reflected in your goal-oriented and ambitious way of working
- Team-oriented network of colleagues in a modern working environment
- Attractive and performance-oriented compensation
- Interesting, varying and independent activity
- Professional on-the-job training
If you are interested in this role, please apply via link:
Informace o pozici
- VWR International s.r.o.
- Pražská 442, Stříbrná Skalice
- Požadované vzdělání: Vysokoškolské / univerzitní
- Požadované jazyky: Čeština (Výborná), Angličtina (Výborná)
- Benefity: Bonusy/prémie, Mobilní telefon, Notebook, Stravenky/příspěvek na stravování, Dovolená 5 týdnů, Vzdělávací kurzy, školení, Možnost občasné práce z domova
- Zařazeno: Ostraha a bezpečnost, Vrcholový management, Výroba a průmysl, Technik BOZP, Technik požární ochrany, Ředitel/manažer kvality
- Typ pracovního poměru
- Typ pracovního poměru: Práce na plný úvazek
- Typ smluvního vztahu
- Typ smluvního vztahu: pracovní smlouva
- Zadavatel: Zaměstnavatel
Pražská 442, 281 67 Stříbrná Skalice, Stříbrná Skalice
+420 734 239 317