Verizon is a global leader in Communications, IT solutions, Information and Entertainment Services. America's most advanced fiber-optic network delivers an innovative, seamless business solutions to customers around the world. We believe strongly that our role in connecting people, ideas and opportunities is vital to meeting the challenges of the future. We combine professional expertise with one of the world’s most connected IP networks to deliver award-winning communications, IT, information security and network solutions. We securely connect today’s extended enterprises of widespread and mobile customers, partners, suppliers and employees—enabling them to increase productivity and efficiency and help preserve the environment. Many of the world’s largest businesses and governments—including 96 percent of the Fortune 1000 and thousands of government agencies and educational institutions—rely on our professional and managed services and network technologies to accelerate their business.
Counsel Regulatory Affairs & Commercial
What you’ll be doing...
As a member of the European Regulatory & Government Affairs team, and reporting to the Director of the Central and Eastern Europe region, you’ll be the go-to-person when it comes to regulatory, privacy and public policy issues in some of the countries of this region. In addition you’ll be the team’s subject matter expert for one or more specific horizontal matters that are relevant for all European countries. You’ll frequently interact with national regulators and other government bodies to ensure that they take Verizon’s viewpoints and interests on board in their thinking and decision making. Working with other Verizon teams you’ll be implementing changes in products and processes whenever required by new developments. You will also support Verizon’s sales and commercial teams by drafting, reviewing and negotiating contractual documentation for Verizon’s services and solutions and participating in bid processes. It’s a dynamic and fast changing environment out there, and you will help us handle these changes and to grow our business in a regulatory compliant fashion. You’ll be based in Frankfurt, Germany.
- Monitoring in-country legislative, regulatory and public policy developments and advising on their impact.
- Reacting to questionnaires and consultations issued by national telecoms and privacy regulators and other government bodies.
- Reviewing new regulatory obligations and driving changes in products and processes if necessary from a compliance point of view.
- Communicating with national regulators and other government bodies about Verizon’s views on policy and regulatory initiatives.
- Providing legal support and advice to sales channels and internal clients in the DACH region (and other European jurisdictions as required), which includes reviewing, negotiating and drafting sales and services contracts as well as ongoing contract management support.
- Providing legal support to sales, bid management and other groups in the preparation of high quality responses to RFPs from large enterprises.
- Coordinating on any of the above with different internal Verizon teams across the globe.
What we’re looking for...
You are passionate about the fast changing digital communications sector. You are a quick learner and eager to explore new territories. You are proactive and like to take the initiative. You love legal and regulatory analysis. You communicate with clarity and vision. You have an eye for detail but know how to pick out the essence. You can look at developments through the eyes of a regulator or policymaker. In addition you have contract drafting experience and are able to work in a challenging, fast moving environment.
You’ll need to have:
- JD degree and relevant work experience.
- Bar membership and needed licenses.
- Experience handling regulatory, public policy and privacy matters interacting with national regulators or other government stakeholders. Interest in working in a big multinational company.
Even better if you have:
- Knowledge of a specific issue/area, such as privacy, cyber-security or law enforcement, etc.
- Ability to quickly learn and to assess new and complex matters and produce high quality advice.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent in English.
- Willingness and ability to work on a wide variety of issues.
- Strong business acumen, pragmatic approach to problem solving and able to rapidly assess potential risks and consequences of business and legal decisions and effectively counsel internal clients.
- Commercial legal skills, including drafting and negotiating.
- Experience in the mobile sector or in mobile communication solutions.
- Reading and writing skills in multiple languages.
- Computer skills, including working knowledge of GSuite, Excel and Powerpoint.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Informace o pozici
- Frankfurt, HE, Německo
- Požadované vzdělání: Vysokoškolské / univerzitní
- Zařazeno: Právní služby
- Typ pracovního poměru
- Typ pracovního poměru: Práce na plný úvazek
- Zadavatel: Zaměstnavatel