Vendavo is the leading provider of price management and optimization solutions for business-to-business companies worldwide. Vendavo solutions (On-premise, Mobile and SaaS) include comprehensive pricing analysis, optimization, price setting, and deal execution capabilities that help companies improve profits through the art of science and big data. Leading companies across chemicals, high-tech, industrial manufacturing, and distribution industries leverage Vendavo solutions to drive higher profits. We’re making a difference in business, and we’re looking for energetic, talented professionals to grow our team. If you are someone who is driven to make a global impact and believes in a culture of mutual respect, with focus on customer success, then you need to join us here at Vendavo!
Software Engineer (Optimization)
Are you looking to explore what’s possible in a collaborative, innovative work environment? Is your goal to work with a team of talented professionals that is keenly focused on solving complex business problems and supporting product innovation with technology? Do you want to practice continuous delivery/deployment? Do you want to work on SaaS product delivered through public cloud (AWS)? If so, you might be our next Software Engineer. You will be involved in building our latest products to satisfy most demanding customers like Siemens, Dell, Ford… (https://www.vendavo.com/customers/).
You will be involved in developing and maintaining our continuous deployment flows, enabling the whole engineering group to operate more effectively and iterate at top speed in an open, collaborative environment.
Automation is the name of the game here – in development, testing and operations. If you are passionate about building innovative software, solving complex problems, are comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, and can thrive in a start-up culture, we want to meet you!
In this position, you will:
· Analyze requirements and come up with possible solutions to solve the problem, evaluating and capturing necessary tradeoffs
· Build and improve newest services and ensure that they are well tested and released quickly and often to our customers
· Deep dive to identify failure patterns to resolve problems at their roots
· Have an opportunity to influence the architecture and organization
· Design and implement cloud based high-performance, highly available services to cover customers’ high demands and big data volumes
· Maintain rapid deployment pipelines and observability of the services to support operations/troubleshooting.
· Think about security of the whole technical stack and processes to ensure customers’ data is safe
· Take care of all aspects of the product: from implementation, through testing, to operations.
· Use cool technologies like Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS…
We are looking for a colleague who has:
· 10+ years of work experience in Software Development
· Extensive Java development experience
· Ability to understand new problem/business domains and technologies fast
· Analytical mind which is eager to share the knowledge and justify analysis results
· Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
· Interest in people and team work – this position is not for lone-wolf coder
· Interest in all product aspects from requirements, development to testing and operations
· Good English communication skills (both verbal and written)
· Extra experience points are earned for:
- Operations experience in teams practicing DevOps/SRE
- (Micro) service oriented architectures
- Bigdata processing, data engineering
- Public cloud experience (AWS, Azure…)
- Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Jenkins/GoCD, Kafka
- Spring, Gradle, Groovy, Kotlin, Spock, Git
We are offering:
- Working within a team of highly skilled people
- Opportunity to become a professional in the pricing domain
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Daily communication in English, international travel opportunities
- Weekly English classes
- Team spirited working environment
- 25 days of vacation
- Cafeteria of benefits
- Lunch Vouchers
- Company sponsored events for employees
- Refreshment in the office
Informace o pozici
- Vendavo CZ s.r.o.
- Novinářská 1254/7, Ostrava – Mariánské Hory
- U nákladového nádraží 3147/8, Praha – Strašnice
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: English (Intermediate)
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer