Vendavo powers the shift to digital business for the world’s most demanding B2B companies, unlocking value, growing margin and accelerating revenue. With the Vendavo Commercial Excellence platform, companies develop dynamic customer insights and optimal pricing strategies that maximize margin, boost sales effectiveness and improve customer experience. With an annual margin improvement totaling more than $2.5 billion across companies in chemicals, distribution, high-tech and manufacturing, Vendavo delivers cutting-edge analytics and deep industry expertise that help companies stay one step ahead. As we continue to change the way business gets done, we’re looking for energetic, experienced, and talented professionals to join our team. If you are driven to make a global impact, thrive in an innovative culture, and enjoy work on challenging and engaging projects, join our team at Vendavo!
Software Engineer (Optimization)
Are you looking to explore what’s possible in a collaborative, innovative work environment? Is your goal to work with a team of talented professionals that is keenly focused on solving complex business problems and supporting product innovation with technology? Do you want to practice continuous delivery/deployment? Do you want to work on SaaS product delivered through public cloud (AWS)? If so, you might be our next Software Engineer. You will be involved in building our latest products to satisfy most demanding customers like Siemens, Dell, Ford… (https://www.vendavo.com/customers/).
You will be involved in developing and maintaining our continuous deployment flows, enabling the whole engineering group to operate more effectively and iterate at top speed in an open, collaborative environment.
Automation is the name of the game here – in development, testing and operations. If you are passionate about building innovative software, solving complex problems, are comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, and can thrive in a start-up culture, we want to meet you!
In this position, you will:
· Analyze requirements and come up with possible solutions to solve the problem, evaluating and capturing necessary tradeoffs
· Build and improve newest services and ensure that they are well tested and released quickly and often to our customers
· Deep dive to identify failure patterns to resolve problems at their roots
· Have an opportunity to influence the architecture and organization
· Design and implement cloud based high-performance, highly available services to cover customers’ high demands and big data volumes
· Maintain rapid deployment pipelines and observability of the services to support operations/troubleshooting.
· Think about security of the whole technical stack and processes to ensure customers’ data is safe
· Take care of all aspects of the product: from implementation, through testing, to operations.
· Use cool technologies like Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS…
We are looking for a colleague who has:
· 10+ years of work experience in Software Development
· Extensive Java development experience
· Ability to understand new problem/business domains and technologies fast
· Analytical mind which is eager to share the knowledge and justify analysis results
· Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
· Interest in people and team work – this position is not for lone-wolf coder
· Interest in all product aspects from requirements, development to testing and operations
· Good English communication skills (both verbal and written)
· Extra experience points are earned for:
- Operations experience in teams practicing DevOps/SRE
- (Micro) service oriented architectures
- Bigdata processing, data engineering
- Public cloud experience (AWS, Azure…)
- Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Jenkins/GoCD, Kafka
- Spring, Gradle, Groovy, Kotlin, Spock, Git
We are offering:
- Professional development opportunities where we place great importance on the professional development of our employees. Not only do we promote learning by doing, we also encourage them to take training courses in line with their career objectives. In fact, we offer our employees internal and external training and coaching courses and programs to meet their needs.
- A human approach as we are care about our employees and acknowledge the contribution each one of them makes to our success. We offer a dynamic workplace based on respect, where everyone has a voice and participates in decision-making. Working for us means being part of one big family.
- Career advancement thanks to the diversity of our operations, we offer employees the opportunity to develop their skills for a long and meaningful career. Internal mobility opportunities in particular are of prime importance to our management. Whatever your career aspirations, you’ll always find your place with us.
- Flexible working hours and possibility of home office, we are oriented on work-life balance.
- You have possibility to choose of MacBook or Dell laptop and iPhone, Honor or Samsung Galaxy phone.
- Cafeteria program, annual bonuses, employee mobile tariffs, refreshment in the office and much more.
Informace o pozici
- Vendavo CZ s.r.o.
- Novinářská 1254/7, Ostrava – Mariánské Hory
- U nákladového nádraží 3147/8, Praha – Strašnice
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: English (Intermediate)
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer