The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Our customers come to us with big ambitions: to make life better, to keep us safer. Combining a unique diversity of expertise, talents, and cultures, our architect's design and deliver extraordinary high technology solutions. Solutions that make tomorrow possible, today. From the bottom of the oceans to the depth of space and cyberspace, we help our customers think smarter and act faster - mastering ever greater complexity and every decisive moment along the way.
In Prague, we specialize in developing smart cards, credit cards, SIM cards, ID Cards or Driving licenses. We also invest heavily in the research of E-government solutions and mobile solutions.
Thales is a great place to work. We have friendly management, which follows matrix organization; we have flexible working hours, home office policy, office breakfasts, where everybody shares the latest news, football team, yoga classes, language courses and much more to help you live and work in a fun encouraging environment!
As an iOS Engineer in Biometrics R&D, you will contribute to fulfilling the marketing vision of governmental services based on secure digital documents and digital identity.
You will contribute to product development to deliver a Digital Identity platform to governments: a solution that can verify user’s identity based on electronic documents and biometric verifications and create new authentication means for the user or to issue a digital document into his mobile phone. You will be in contact with biometric teams, with teams developing new security approaches such as white-box cryptography and with teams developing new secure components for mobile Apps to provide maximum security even for less secure devices.
As a member of our team, you will contribute to the development of key products and components which are then used by other Thales teams to deliver tailor-made solutions to governments and citizens all around the globe.
A week in the life of an iOS developer:
You will work in a small team of developers, cooperate closely with the product owner on product delivery in the required time frame and quality
- Analyze the product needs and contribute to product specification
- Design UML architecture and contribute to the implementation of reusable software components
- Work on proofs-of-concept of new technologies and innovative solutions.
- Provide your support to developers from other teams who are using your source codes or binaries.
- Contribute to user documentation of your software.
- Be involved in the qualification and integration of new mobile devices for the area of government services (e.g. mobile passport verification terminals).
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- To succeed at this job, you must have good knowledge of iOS platform and mobile application development, a good understanding of low-level programming, and knowledge of Objective-C.
- Experience with NFC, smart cards, cryptography, PKI, or biometry.
- Fluent in English.
- You do not need to have a university degree in computer science, but it’s surely an advantage
- We are looking for someone with at least 5 years of experience in SW development and 2 years of professional experience with development on the iOS platform.
What we can offer:
Friendly international environment, professional grow within Thales worldwide within friendly team always ready to support and provide assistance.
Opportunity to travel in Europe and worldwide, work on international project with good financial evaluation (negotiable, depending on experience)
Attractive benefit program (5 weeks of vacation, lunch vouchers, quarterly Prague city transport ticket, life and injury insurance, pension plan allowance, Multisport card, language courses at work, Healthcare service through membership in Private clinics, Christmas gift (2.000 CZK), 50% discount in local sport center, every week company breakfast etc.)
Send us your CV and we will be happy to have a chat with you about opportunities whiting Thales !
Informace o pozici
- Thales DIS Czech Republic s.r.o.
- Želetavská 1448/7, Praha – Michle
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Cell phone, Flexible start/end of working hours, Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Company catering, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Corporate events
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: System and HW administration, IS/IT: Application and system development
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer