The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Our customers come to us with big ambitions: to make life better, to keep us safer. Combining a unique diversity of expertise, talents, and cultures, our architect's design and deliver extraordinary high technology solutions. Solutions that make tomorrow possible, today. From the bottom of the oceans to the depth of space and cyberspace, we help our customers think smarter and act faster - mastering ever greater complexity and every decisive moment along the way.
In Prague, we specialize in developing smart cards, credit cards, SIM cards, ID Cards or Driving licenses. We also invest heavily in the research of E-government solutions and mobile solutions.
Thales is a great place to work. We have friendly management, which follows matrix organization; we have flexible working hours, home office policy, office breakfasts, where everybody shares the latest news, football team, yoga classes, language courses and much more to help you live and work in a fun encouraging environment!
iOS SDK Engineer
As an iOS SDK Engineer in Biometric R&D, you will contribute to fulfilling the marketing vision of governmental services based on secure digital documents and digital identity. You will contribute to product development to deliver a Digital Identity platform to governments: a solution that can verify user’s identity based on electronic documents and biometric verifications and create new authentication means for the user or to issue a digital document into his mobile phone. You will be in contact with biometric teams, with teams developing new security approaches such as white-box cryptography and with teams developing new secure components for mobile Apps to provide maximum security even for less secure devices.
As a member of our team, you will contribute to the development of key products and components which are then used by other Thales teams to deliver tailor-made solutions to governments and citizens all around the globe.
Our mobile application development is focused mainly on user identity verification and secure authentication with great emphasis on user experience and simplicity of usage as well as user privacy. Our Apps are used by millions of users worldwide and provide smooth access to banks and government services.
A week in the life of an iOS developer:
- You will work in a small team of developers, cooperate closely with the product owner on product delivery in the required time frame and quality
- You will analyze the product needs and contribute to product specification
- You will design UML architecture and contribute to the implementation of reusable software components
- You will work on proofs-of-concept of new technologies and innovative solutions.
- You will give support to developers from other teams who are using your source codes or binaries.
- You will contribute to user documentation of your software.
- You will technically support and develop junior team members
- You will be involved in the qualification and integration of new mobile devices for the area of government services (e.g. mobile passport verification terminals).
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- To succeed at this job, you must have good knowledge of iOS platform and mobile application development, a good understanding of low-level programming, and knowledge of Objective-C.
- It would be preferred if you have experience with NFC, smart cards, cryptography, PKI, or biometry.
- You must be fluent in English.
- You do not need to have a university degree in computer science, but it’s surely an advantage
- We are looking for someone with at least 5 years of experience in SW development and 2 years of professional experience with development on the iOS platform.
Informace o pozici
- Thales DIS Czech Republic s.r.o.
- Želetavská 1448/7, Praha – Michle
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: English (Intermediate)
- Benefits: Car for private purposes, Cell phone, Notebook, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Corporate events, Foreign business trips, Individual budget for personal growth
- Listed in: IS/IT: System and HW administration, IS/IT: Application and system development, Programmer, HW system architect, IT Security Specialist
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer