The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Our customers come to us with big ambitions: to make life better, to keep us safer. Combining a unique diversity of expertise, talents, and cultures, our architect's design and deliver extraordinary high technology solutions. Solutions that make tomorrow possible, today. From the bottom of the oceans to the depth of space and cyberspace, we help our customers think smarter and act faster - mastering ever greater complexity and every decisive moment along the way.
In Prague, we specialize in developing smart cards, credit cards, SIM cards, ID Cards or Driving licenses. We also invest heavily in the research of E-government solutions and mobile solutions.
Thales is a great place to work. We have friendly management, which follows matrix organization; we have flexible working hours, home office policy, office breakfasts, where everybody shares the latest news, football team, yoga classes, language courses and much more to help you live and work in a fun encouraging environment!
SW Development Engineer – Java/EE
We are on the search for new colleague. If you are interested in Biometric solutions, Digital Identity, Security and on top of that you are a skilled Java/EE Developer- don't hesitate to get in touch for more details! :)
Civil ID Engineering Product Line team, (Product and Delivery) - is responsible for the design and implementation of software components and products, qualification and integration of third party's hardware in the scope of Government Programs (National ID, ePassports, eHealthcare). Our products span from reusable libraries (hardware connectors, cryptography), desktop applications integrating various hardware (fingerprint scanners, printers, digital cameras) up to high performance servers.
A Week in the Life of Software Engineer at Thales:
- Responsible for design, implementation and integration of software and hardware components
- Producing all the documentation related to these activities
Involvement in all project phases (including deployment of the complete solution on customer premises worldwide)
- You may be also involved in pre-sales activities (technical assistance to sales team, giving technical workshop to customer)
About you: skills you need to succeed in this position:
- At least 3 years of work experience in programming (SW Development)
- Very good knowledge of Java EE (EJB, JPA, Hibernate) or Java Spring
- Knowledge Unit tests frameworks
- Good knowledge of database servers - SQL (MS SQL), Oracle
- Autonomous and creative; Customer oriented
- Team working and good communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure (occasionally)
- Willing to travel on business abroad (1-2 weeks per month) for workshops, integration and deployment in customer premises (occasionally, short/medium duration)
- Working knowledge of second programming language C#, Python, C/C++...
- Basic knowledge of cryptography (symmetric, asymmetric, PKI ...)
- Knowledge on Smart card, Smart card personalization, Smart card usage, PC/SC
- Vaadin framework
What we can offer:
Friendly international environment, professional grow within Thales worldwide within friendly team always ready to support and provide assistance.
Opportunity to travel in Europe and worldwide, work on international project with good financial evaluation (negotiable, depending on experience)
Attractive benefit program (5 weeks of vacation, lunch vouchers, quarterly Prague city transport ticket, life and injury insurance, pension plan allowance, Multisport card, language courses at work, Healthcare service through membership in Private clinics, Christmas gift (2.000 CZK), 50% discount in local sport center, every week company breakfast etc.)
Send us your CV and we will be happy to have a chat with you about opportunities whiting Thales !
Information about position
- Thales DIS Czech Republic s.r.o.
- Želetavská 1448/7, Praha – Michle
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Intermediate)
- Benefits: Cell phone, Flexible start/end of working hours, Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Company catering, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Corporate events
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: System and HW administration, IS/IT: Application and system development, IT Security Specialist, Java developer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer