The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Our customers come to us with big ambitions: to make life better, to keep us safer. Combining a unique diversity of expertise, talents, and cultures, our architect's design and deliver extraordinary high technology solutions. Solutions that make tomorrow possible, today. From the bottom of the oceans to the depth of space and cyberspace, we help our customers think smarter and act faster - mastering ever greater complexity and every decisive moment along the way.
In Prague, we specialize in developing smart cards, credit cards, SIM cards, ID Cards or Driving licenses. We also invest heavily in the research of E-government solutions and mobile solutions.
Thales is a great place to work. We have friendly management, which follows matrix organization; we have flexible working hours, home office policy, office breakfasts, where everybody shares the latest news, football team, yoga classes, language courses and much more to help you live and work in a fun encouraging environment!
Android Developer - Biometric Solutions
As an Android development engineer in the Government Platform & Services, you will contribute to fulfilling the marketing vision of governmental services based on secure electronic documents and electronic identity. You will be exposed to issuance and reading of secure documents (passports, ID cards), biometric devices, mobile handset devices, cryptography, online transactions, and digital identity management. You will learn which principles are making the modern e-government a reality.
As a member of our team, you will contribute to the development of critical products and components. These components are then used by other Thales teams to deliver tailor-made solutions to governments and citizens all around the globe.
Our mobile application development is focused mainly on the verification of secure documents, acquisition of citizen data, and multi-factor authentication methods. We rely on Thales experience with digital security and bring it to the mobile world.
A week in the life of Android developer:
· You will work in a small team of developers, cooperate closely with project leader on task breakdown and timely project delivery
· You will analyze the product needs and contribute to product specification
· You will design UML architecture and contribute to the implementation of reusable software components and applications for mobile devices
· You will work on proofs-of-concept of new technologies and innovative solutions.
· You will give support to developers from other teams who are using your source codes or binaries.
· You will contribute to user documentation of your software.
· You will technically support and develop other junior team members
· You will be involved in the qualification and integration of new mobile devices for the area of government services (e.g., mobile passport verification terminals).
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
· To succeed at this job, you must have very good knowledge of Android platform and mobile application development, a good understanding of web technologies, professional experience with UML, and continuous integration.
· It would be preferred if you have experience with other mobile platforms and programming languages (iOS, Windows Mobile, Xamarin, .NET, C++, Python), experience with NFC, smart cards, cryptography, PKI, biometry.
· You must be fluent in English.
· We would like someone to join our team who is enthusiastic about software development, mobile technologies, and computer security, who is a team-player, autonomous and creative, able to learn and has excellent communication skills.
· You do not need to have a university degree in computer science, but it’s undoubtedly an advantage
· We are looking for someone with at least five years of experience in SW development and three years of professional experience with development on the Android platform.
Informace o pozici
- Thales DIS Czech Republic s.r.o.
- Želetavská 1448/7, Praha – Michle
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: English (Intermediate)
- Benefits: Cell phone, Notebook, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Corporate events, Foreign business trips, Individual budget for personal growth
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: System and HW administration, IS/IT: Application and system development, SW architect, Programmer, Java developer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer