Stora Enso is a leading provider of renewable solutions in packaging, biomaterials, wooden constructions and paper on global markets. Our aim is to replace fossil based materials by innovating and developing new products and services based on wood and other renewable materials. See more: www.storaenso.com.
Applications Services unit is providing all group- and division wide application services such as ERP or CRM systems as well as acting as a resource pool to provide application experts to projects. The unit works closely together with our key suppliers to enhance and optimize the service delivery and to secure agility related to application development. Application Services has also crucial role as operational partner to our Digitalisation unit.
DevOps is a newly established department for in-house development in Application Services. We are looking for two Data Analysts/Scientists that will help us to make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our production systems. You will also monitor performance of existing solutions and develop their improvements.
To be successful in this position you are a self-motivated analyst/scientist with the ability to work in a future oriented, fast paced and demanding environment. You have previous experience with AI/ML solutions and have been working in a similar role earlier. You also must be able to work in cooperation with business representatives and software developers across the DevOps environment.
What will be your main responsibilities
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions
- Mine and analyse data from company databases to drive optimisation and improvement of business processes, product development and marketing techniques
- Develop and maintain custom data models and algorithms to be used in predictive modelling to increase production efficiency, revenue generation or other business outcomes
- Cooperate with other teams to implement models and monitor outcomes
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Provide support to stakeholders experiencing issues with delivered solutions
What should you already know and have
- Coding knowledge and experience in at least one of the major languages (C#, C++, Java, etc.)
- Experience querying databases and using of statistical languages (R, Python, SQL)
- Knowledge of creating and using of machine learning algorithms and statistics
- Excellent cooperation skills and willingness to learn new skills
- Spoken and written English on a good level
- 2+ years relevant hands-on experience
What is nice to have
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools (Hadoop, Spark)
- Experience working with cloud data platforms (MS Azure preferred)
- Good Knowledge and experience with reporting packages (Power BI)
- Ability to capture business requirements and make sound solutions
- Understanding of agile software development in a DevOps environment
- Interest and skills for creating meaningful documentation for technical solutions
What can we offer:
- Benefits such as 5 weeks of holiday, regular monthly company breakfast, meal tickets, parking place, pension insurance, cafeteria and others
- Tea and coffee whenever you feel you need it.
- Great and supportive team that will help you whenever you need.
- Opportunity to work on your personal development
- Chance to travel abroad
We offer you a challenging position joining Stora Enso IT transformation journey with opportunities to influence the success of Stora Enso.
Information about position
- Stora Enso Wood Products Ždírec s.r.o.
- 28. října 3348/65, Ostrava – Moravská Ostrava
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: English (Intermediate)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Cell phone, Notebook, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Cafeteria, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Occasional work from home, Corporate events, A longer unpaid leave
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: System and HW administration, IS/IT: Application and system development
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Employer type: Employer