Schneider Electric is an energy management and automation company with operations in more than 100 countries globally. Through its range of integrated solutions, the company makes energy safer and more reliable, efficient and productive for residential buildings, data centers and networks, industry and energy and infrastructure markets. Its product categories include automation and control, building automation and security, customized sensors, power, renewable energies, critical power and cooling, services and projects, and installation systems and control. The company serves various market such as utilities and infrastructure, industries and machines manufacturers, non-residential building, data centers and networks, and residential.
Schneider Electric operates through three reportable business unites, namely, Energy Management, Industry Automation and Services. The Energy Management product portfolio includes low and medium voltage distribution, critical power systems and life-space wiring devices and associated interface devices. It focuses on customers in Commercial, Infrastructure and Buildings segment, Utilities and Data Centers. The Industry Automation offers process and machine automation platforms and control and sensing devices. It focuses on customers in the WWW, MMM, CPG and Machinery segments. It is headquartered in Rueil-Malmaison, France. Currently the company employees more than 140’000 people in more than 100 countries. The revenue amounts to EUR 25 billion in sales for year 2020.
Industry Sales Manager, Czech Republic
Location: Czech republic
As a part of our Schneider Electric CZ Leadership team, the role of the Industry Sales Manager is to drive overall growth of Industry business in line with the growth strategy of the company. He or she will provide the management, direction and leadership to the entire business, setting the local strategy for long-term growth and profitability of Industry BU. A key part of the Industry Sales Manager role will be to identify, recommend and develop requirements like skill set needs, area coverage, industry and application focus, channels engagement etc. and ensure they are captured. As individual he or she must be able to work effectively with the entire organization and will serve as a key partner to the executive management team.
The Industry Sales Manager will be report directly to General Manager Czech Rep and in dotted line to Industry VP for Middle Eastern Europe Cluster. He or she will operationally manage commercial team and be responsible for Industry Automation Distribution channel development.
The main challenges in this position are:
- Doubling current revenue over the next couple of years
- Seeking synergies with other Schneider Electric businesses and their clients creating room for cross-selling and growth across different product lines and units.
- Creating a sense of purpose, energizing people and inspiring team to deliver superior results, coaching and developing their competencies on the way
- Industrial Automation Distribution sub-channel set up and sales development
In more detail the candidate will be also accountable for:
- Provide day-to-day leadership and Industry sales management over the business.
- Deliver on financial commitments for the country with a focus on improving sales growth and returns.
- Develop a mid and short-term plan for the business and ensure effectiveness and appropriateness of market strategies in light of the competitive landscape and product portfolio. Subsequently convert these strategies into implementable actions.
- Driving for a profitable growth of sales of industrial automation solutions, products and in industry and infrastructures market.
- Creating commercial mindset to build proactive sales teams who have a strong presence with the customer.
- Improving internal operations: streamline processes; improve communication and teamwork at all levels.
- Negotiating sales conditions and contracts of key customers – maintaining very good relations with their representatives.
- Caring for the good reputation of the Company and identification with Company goals.
- Coordinating price analysis of products in Czech Republic as compared to competitors.
- Taking part in the decision-making process connected with implementation of new products together with the Product Management Department and Controlling Departments.
- Preparing materials concerning implementation of new products in cooperation with the Product Department.
Professional experience and qualifications
In order to successfully respond to the challenges of the role, the candidate for the position of Industry Sales Manager should:
- Have a professional experience in managing a commercial organization within the technical products sector in Czech Republic, thus be exposed to B2B sales.
- Have 5 years of relevant experience gained in the area of automation industry or relevant in organizations allowing for familiarity with western business practices.
- Have proven leadership in delivering sustainable and profitable growth through and/or with others.
- Have Master’s degree in automation, electrical engineering or technical related field or equivalent. Additional education in business administration would be an asset.
- Be fluent in English
- Have solid business acumen with good analytical skills and affinity for numbers.
- Be a self-starter with initiative willing and able to work unsupervised for extended period of time showing tenacity and energy.
- Have personal and professional maturity with potential for further professional development.
- Have proven leadership and communication skills in managing or leading a team of 5 people.
- Have high and unquestionable ethical standards and transparency of actions.
- Has the gravitas and ability to influence senior decision makers (Director/President equivalent or above)
In summary based on the above and on our experience, we think the Industry Sales Manager should present the following key competencies:
Commercial orientation with a managerial acumen, as demonstrated by:
- Experience in commercial management, by which he/she proved to have a thorough understanding of both direct and indirect business, ideally in a technical, engineering product business-to-business environment relying strongly on consultative selling.
- Strong key account management experience aimed at nurturing and developing existing clients as well as identifying and growing new accounts.
- Reasonable financial sophistication in working with net revenue, unit growth, cost control and cash targets.
- Financial literacy, i.e. fluency in reading and interpreting financial data and reports.
- Prior experience in establishing a solid position for a company/business unit in a highly competitive and rapidly changing market.
- Experience in managing departments or working well in a matrix structure organization.
- Commercial judgment proven by capturing and implementing sound business ideas and/or new projects.
- Marketing background including, in particular focus on analyzing the competition, anticipating market trends and reading market needs.
- A change agent. Sensitive to organizational strengths, but not afraid to make significant and perhaps sometimes radical suggestions and changes. Though leader expected to lead from the front in implementing organizational change in the territory
Management of information with a focus on Best practises in terms of but not limited to: market, competitor, economic and business conditions, technological development, trends, people.,
Accountability & Result orientation, as demonstrated by:
- Track record of achieving business objectives even under strong competitive pressure or adverse market conditions.
- Clear focus and goal orientation.
- Drive, initiative, persistence and commitment to achieving operational results.
- Independence, proven by proposing pro-active, new, viable business-driven ideas.
- Ability to face tasks independently and to assume full responsibility for decisions and actions.
- Ability to build a vision and make an independent judgment on key business matters in his/her area of expertise and to defend his/her stance with logical, professional arguments.
- Success in permeating the organization (business unit and other functions) with a strong sense of urgency and high level of energy but with full respect to the goals of individual functions and people.
Team and Leadership Orientation, as demonstrated by:
- Examples of successful cross-functional collaboration within a matrix structure in a corporate environment.
- Track record of building natural authority within the organization and externally on the market.
- Experience of successful team building and motivation leading to superior team performance with a success in creating a sense of purpose and inspiring teams to deliver superior results.
- Proven ability to contribute to teamwork and to inspire his/her peers and subordinates.
- Proven ability to work in informal teams and pull resources together as needed
- Team builder
- Team player
- Excellent transactional and solution sales skills
- Excellent communicator
- Business developer
- Target driven
- Career minded
- Can do attitude
- Desire to succeed
- Successful track record
- Computer literate (Salesforce, cloud based platforms, MS office)
- English level B2 minimum
- Driving licence B
What do we offer:
Work in a diverse and supportive team of professionals,
Big range of Benefits (company car, 25 days of holidays, sick days, Cafeteria, meal vouchers, Multisport card, Life insurance eligible upon request, Home office option and others....)
Informace o pozici
- Schneider Electric CZ, s.r.o.
- Hlavní město Praha
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: English (Advanced), Czech (Proficient)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Car for private purposes, Cell phone, Notebook, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Refreshments on workplace, Sick days, Occasional work from home
- Listed in: Electrical and power engineering, Technology and development, Top management, Electrical engineer, Sales manager, Technical director, Governor
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer