Imagine a world where your smartphone only operates in Korean language, your favorite music streaming app only speaks Swedish and your car warns you that your brakes are not working anymore but only in German!
This is what the world would be without localization. RWS Moravia has been breaking language and cultural barriers for over 30 years so every person on this planet can use the best products that the world has ever created.
Will you help us keep it that way?
IT Engineer (cloud-oriented)
We are looking for a new colleague who would help us to manage a large dynamically developing global infrastructure with an emphasis on cloud technologies. You would configure and optimize our internal on-premise cloud and link it with a public cloud - Azure. We have a lot of opportunities for external training in this area but be prepared to look for information on the Internet and on publicly available sources on your own, too.
You would be a 13th member of the IT Operations team located in Brno, Czechia, and your results and conclusions will be used in our infrastructure not only here at the headquarter but also at our offices around the world (e.g. in Japan, China, UK, Ireland, Argentine, etc.). Therefore, your work will have a real meaning and a direct impact on our IT and business operations.
Our tech stack:
Corporate technology forms the basis of our infrastructure
- Microsoft technologies – AD, MS SQL, RDS, IIS, Windows server (possibly all versions), VMWare, Cisco, commonly known Firewalls, corporate storages, etc.
- ManageIQ (CloudForms), AWX (Ansible Tower), Azure (maybe AWS in the future).
Open Source software in different implementation
- Linux, Docker, Ansible (CMS), GitLab, Redis, HaProxy, Mysql, Postgresql, Grafana, Graylog, Bosun, ELK stack, Vault, Kubernetes and a lot more.
Responsibilities and challenges of the position:
70% of it would be
- working in the ManageIQ platform - creating and maintaining templates for web servers, processes for patches of all servers, etc.;
- configuration and optimizing internal on-premise cloud;
- managing and creating scripts for processes' automation;
- promoting IaC and its usage;
- resolving day-to-day IT issues when needed;
- supporting our internal DevOps team.
Other 30% of the time you would
- configure and implement a public cloud which you will need to link with our internal cloud - creating a hybrid cloud;
- development and maintenance of Azure tenants;
- proactive improvement of our services, processes and cost optimization;
- keep up with new technologies and to find ways how we could implement them according to our current processes and various internal constraints.
What you should have:
- technical education, preferably in Computer Science or electronics;
- knowledge of Linux and Windows;
- experience with a public cloud - preferably with Azure;
- to be able to write scripts in PowerShell and Python;
- experience with configuration and management tools - preferably Ansible - to be able to create, test and implement playbooks, etc.;
- the ability of knowledge-sharing with colleagues in the team is crucial.
- At least pre-intermediate English (B1).
What we have for you:
- External training and a lot of internal training which offers opportunities to support your growth (e.g. Scrum, English language lessons).
- Chance to put your ideas into practice and engage with hundreds of employees globally, therefore an English-speaking environment.
- New offices in the city center with relax zones and a big terrace with a grill. Parking place and bicycle room.
- Flexible working hours (core time 10 am - 3 pm) and Home Office (upon agreement with manager).
- Quarterly bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package (5 weeks of vacation, 2 sick days, meal vouchers, cafeteria plan).
Does the position sound interesting? Do you want to know more about it and RWS Moravia? Send us your CV together with a short cover letter, so we can better understand your vision of future employment.
We are looking forward to meeting you! RWS Moravia IT Operations Team
Informace o pozici
- RWS Moravia
- Vlněna 526/1, Brno – Trnitá
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: English (Intermediate)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Corporate events
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: System and HW administration, IS/IT: Application and system development
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer