Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth – and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Software engineer C++
Who are we looking for?
Rockwell Automation is looking for an innovative engineer to join our current team of software developers located in Prague. We are looking for a new colleagues with experience in the design and implementation of multi thread and asynchronous applications in area of industrial automation products. The team is following Scrum methodology, and therefore everyone in team assignments include participation in requirements development, architectural design, coding, documentation and testing of software. In this role, you will have the opportunity grow your career in software development by solving challenging problems using modern technologies, tools, and practices.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Work on software project with focus to design and development of new Services related to Data Acquisition from Programmable Logic Controllers and/or other Industrial Automation devices and their secure distribution to adopter’s products
- Work with a variety of hardware and software environments, focuses on design and development of new software in a multi-platform environment
- Use modern continuous integration and development tools, and promote continuous improvement of engineering tools and practices
- Participate as a member of an agile team within the Agile Framework, promoting agile practices within the team
- Perform detailed-level design and implementation of new software features and subsystems with technical guidance from senior engineering personnel
- Participate in all aspects of the software quality process, including design and code review, and developing unit and functional testware
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or equivalent knowledge in the application of software engineering principles, theories, concepts, and techniques
- Ideally Both Czech and English language
- C++ is a must, Ideally 2+ years of software engineering experience in a professional setting
- Ideally an experience with Rust or eager to learn it in the future
- Experience developing multi-thread, asynchronous applications and low-level programming
- Knowledge of communication protocols and technologies such as Ethernet/IP or especially Common Industrial Protocol (CIP) is an advantage
- Direct experience collaborating with local and global technical development teams is an advantage
- Annual bonus (depending on seniority)
- 5 weeks of vacation per calendar year
- 5 Sick Days per calendar year
- Pension insurance contribution
- Fully covered life insurance
- Premium healthcare
- Financial meal contribution
- Multisport card
- Friendly working environment and nice Modern offices in Prague 7 Holešovice
Now primarily working in the home office - planned mixed mode either once or twice a week in the office or primarily in office.
If you are interested, we would welcome your CV.
Informace o pozici
- Rockwell Automation s.r.o.
- Argentinská 1610/4, Praha – Holešovice
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Intermediate)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Cell phone, Above-standard medical care, Notebook, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, 13th monthly salary, Work mostly from home
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, C++ developer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer