The mission Of Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) is to promote democratic values by providing accurate, uncensored news and open debate in countries where a free press is threatened and disinformation is pervasive. RFE/RL reports the facts, undaunted by pressure.
DNG Routing Desk Specialist
As part of our ongoing commitment to career development and internal mobility, we are pleased to announce an exciting opportunity within our Digital Newsgathering (DNG) department. We are currently seeking dedicated DNG Routing Desk Specialists to join our dynamic DNG team. This role is integral to maintaining the high standard of quality our audiences have come to expect from us and ensuring the seamless flow of content across various platforms.
1. Quality Control
- Supervise the quality of content from services routed through the broadcast infrastructure to streaming platforms, ensuring consistency and compliance with our company standards.
- Manage the ingestion of content into the News Production System, including raw footage, edited news content, and programs, verifying the quality and appropriateness of each piece.
2. Content and Feed Routing
- Direct newsgathering live content to appropriate destinations, facilitating timely broadcast of breaking news and updates.
- Facilitate content exchange between bureaus as required, maintaining clear communication and efficient workflows.
- Route IFB (Interruptible Foldback) and video return to newsgathering groups both in the field and in bureaus, ensuring efficient communication and content feedback.
- Coordinate and manage Skype feeds for programs and recordings, troubleshooting any issues and ensuring clear, high-quality video feeds.
3. Technical Assistance
- Provide workflow and technical support to field crews using newsgathering workflows, troubleshoot issues, and assist with equipment setup and operation.
- Collaborate with internal teams, bureaus, and services to address technical challenges and improve content production and distribution processes.
4. Consultation and Coordination
- Consult with services and bureaus regarding daily operations and long-term strategies, including resource management, content priorities, and workflow enhancements.
- Participate in planning and strategy meetings to optimize content delivery and maintain the highest level of quality across all platforms.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ideally, bachelor’s degree in Broadcasting, Communications, or a related field.
- Preferably at least 2 years of experience in a technical role within our organization or similar news/broadcast environment.
- Understanding of broadcast and streaming technologies, including video routing, compression, and transmission, ideally from an internal perspective, is a plus.
- Knowledge of News Production Systems and Newsgathering workflows is welcome.
- Communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform well under pressure and adapt to rapidly evolving situations.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including weekends, holidays, and evenings as needed.
- Working knowledge of English language.
- Czech language is a plus.
- Russian language skills and/or language skills from our coverage area are welcome.
This is a locally recruited full-time position on a one-year assignment initially, with the possibility of extension for an open-ended contract after one year. The opportunity is open preferably to applicants with the legal right to work in the Czech Republic, who are expected to work in RFE/RL Prague’s office in a hybrid working model of a blend of in-office and remote work in the Czech Republic.
Informace o pozici
- Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty - Rádio Svobodná Evropa, Inc.
- Vinohradská 3333/159a, Praha – Strašnice
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Proficient), Czech (Intermediate)
- Benefits: Contribution holiday, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Sick days, Occasional work from home
- Listed in: Media, advertising, and PR, Technology and development
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Limited (temporary)
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer