Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) is an international news organization headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic and Washington, D.C., with 21 bureaus throughout Russia, Central Asia, Afghanistan, and Central and Eastern Europe. Reporting in 27 languages across 23 countries, RFE/RL is one of the most comprehensive news operations in the world, providing responsibly reported, fact-based news in countries where media freedoms are under threat or banned outright. From Iran and Pakistan to Hungary, Ukraine, and Azerbaijan, RFE/RL journalists give audiences what they can't always get from their own local media: uncensored information and open debate. Reporting via digital, TV, and radio platforms, RFE/RL has a measured weekly reach of 38.1 million people. A private nonprofit, RFE/RL is funded by the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media. RFE/RL's editorial independence is protected by U.S. law.
Video Editor, Current Time TV
We are looking for a Prague-based Video Editor for Current Time TV to be responsible for the support of TV production team and assembling recorded footage into a finished project that is high quality and suitable for broadcasting. You will work together with executive producers, senior producers, multimedia producers, line producers and VJs in our bureaus to bring sight and sound together in order to tell a cohesive news story.
- Edits raw video in a seamless style that enhances a story's impact and makes sure all elements in the rundown are ready for air.
- Quickly grasps the production team’s needs and specifications.
- Assembles video edits with logical sequencing based on drafts of scripts from producers.
- Smoothly inputs music, subtitles, graphics, and effects.
- Ensures sound levels for videos are within acceptable ranges and transition smoothly between sequences.
- Continuously discovers and implements new editing technologies and industry best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Makes professional suggestions for improving each video, justifies his/her decisions to ensure that videos for programs meet the highest quality standards
- Gathers video content from services at RFE/RL and VOA and Current Tima pushes the content out to other services.
- Consults with stakeholders from pre-production to post-production process.
- Creates flawless final cuts.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Higher education or certificate in film studies, a related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- At least 6 months of experience in non-linear video editing for a news- oriented media organization
- At least 6 months of experience with digital technology and editing software packages.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite 6 (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Final Cut, Photoshop).
- Newscast experience in a daily television news gathering operation, desirable.
- A strong portfolio that reflects video editing work and demonstrable ability to innovate and tell high-impact stories on a variety of multimedia platforms.
- Experience in studio-based live video production, including camera operation, audio board, and switcher (TriCaster 850 or 8000), desirable
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and to use images and sound to achieve the producer's vision.
- Sense of news judgment, pace, and an eye for detail.
- Broad knowledge of international events and politics and familiarity regarding the situations inUkraine.
- Creative mind and storytelling skills with proven ability to enterprise and innovate to create new ways to tell high-impact stories on a variety of multimedia platforms.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills needed to build positive relationships within RFE/RL.
- Russian language Proficient (Mandatory)
- English language Proficient (Mandatory)
Informace o pozici
- Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty - Rádio Svobodná Evropa, Inc.
- Vinohradská 3333/159a, Praha – Strašnice
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Proficient), Russian (Proficient)
- Benefits: Contribution holiday, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days
- Listed in: Media, advertising, and PR, Editor
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer