Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) is an international news organization headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic and Washington, D.C., with 21 bureaus throughout Russia, Central Asia, Afghanistan, and Central and Eastern Europe. Reporting in 27 languages across 23 countries, RFE/RL is one of the most comprehensive news operations in the world, providing responsibly reported, fact-based news in countries where media freedoms are under threat or banned outright. From Iran and Pakistan to Hungary, Ukraine, and Azerbaijan, RFE/RL journalists give audiences what they can't always get from their own local media: uncensored information and open debate. Reporting via digital, TV, and radio platforms, RFE/RL has a measured weekly reach of 38.1 million people. A private nonprofit, RFE/RL is funded by the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media. RFE/RL's editorial independence is protected by U.S. law.
We are looking for Network Engineer to join our growing internet team in Prague (43 people from 10 different countries). We are running around 200 news websites in about 50 different languages, and reaching several millions of people every day. We are committed to creating top-notch web experience for our viewers and are working on robust, high performance responsive web that works well on wide variety of mobile devices. If you think you are the right person to help us with this, we warmly invite you to apply for the job!
- Manage network performance to maintain high quality data transmission service on the network to include LAN/MAN/WAN within the enterprise architecture, configuration and policy management.Manage the implementation of Enterprise Infrastructure projects such as data center moves and builds, firewall upgrades, IP address management, DMZ design, and within the responsibility of the Enterprise Network to published standards and known best practices.Design, test, and implement enterprise solutions to improve network performance, capacity, and availability.
- Research, evaluate and recommend new computer network equipment and technologies.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to network team members.
- Provide technical support.
- Utilize monitoring, performance analysis, network management, software and hardware equipment to troubleshoot and isolate problems, gauge network performance and trace data and protocol activity.
- Devise solutions to complex operational problems within the capacity of installed base.
- Develop and execute contingency plans for network software and hardware failures including isolated and major outages.
- Prepares detailed requirements for selected activities (i.e., data management, configuration management, program management, etc.).
- Complies with recommended hardware and software systems standards and procedures.
- Assist in informal training in implementing software programs based on requirements.
- After hours work and occasional travel required with 24*7 operations in future.
- Information technology or related field.
- Experience / Skills:
- High level understanding of the IP technologies, protocols and network topology;
- Good understanding of the Network operations processes & functions;
- 5-6 yrs. of experience in IP Core Network Operations with service provider;
- Good communication skills;
- Cisco Certification to the level of CCNP;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an engineering program or an equivalent combination of education, training and work experience.
- Proficiency in written and oral English.
- Familiar with Cisco routers, Switches, DNS, AAA, Firewalls, DHCP etc. Knowledge of relevant Cisco products, including:
- Cisco Catalyst series switches.
- Cisco VPN/QoS/IPS/IDS
- Cisco ASR/ISR routers
- Load balancers
- Ability to work with others on a team - be a team player, who can interact and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, and yet demanding work environment;
- English required;
- Czech a plus.
Informace o pozici
- Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty - Rádio Svobodná Evropa, Inc.
- Vinohradská 3333/159a, Praha – Strašnice
- Required education: College
- Required languages: English (Proficient), Czech (Advanced)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Company catering, Cafeteria, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days
- Listed in: IS/IT: System and HW administration, Operating system and network administrator
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Limited (temporary)
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
Also suitable for refugees from Ukraine