The mission Of Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) is to promote democratic values by providing accurate, uncensored news and open debate in countries where a free press is threatened and disinformation is pervasive. RFE/RL reports the facts, undaunted by pressure.
Administrative Assistant and Service Desk Coordinator
RFE/RL is looking for an Administrative Assistant and Service Desk Coordinator. While reporting to the Director of Network Technology, the position will support the CIO and departments under his purview – the IT, IT Security and Networks, as well as backing up the Sr. Administrative Assistant supporting most of the Operations division.
- Provide administrative, coordinating and project support in the assigned departments.
- Act as their administrative assistant, managing calendar and schedules, screening calls, arranging appointments, meetings, and conferences, taking minutes for larger meetings or with outside vendors, making travel arrangements and preparing expense reports.
- Coordinates activities or projects at the assigned departments.
- Gathers information on issues requiring management action.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets, expenditure estimates, gather and organize supporting data. Monitor individual accounts within these budgets to track expenditures and alert the directors to potential overspending.
- Maintain the asset management system up to date for equipment and software.
- Prepare reports as directed.
- Act as office manager and service desk coordinator.
- Resolve Service Desk requests, incidents, and complaints within scope of information and authority and refer to others as appropriate.
- May assist with purchase requisitions and tracks orders and payments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Secondary education, preferable in business administration
- A minimum of three years' responsible secretarial/administrative experience is required, ideally in IT environments
- Ability to quickly acquire knowledge of departmental program structures (mission, goals, and objectives), department policies, and procedures.
- Ability to deal with diverse situations and people.
- Accuracy and detail orientation.
- Good memory and proven organizational abilities, in order to set priorities, organize workload, handle multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to handle calmly and efficiently situations ranging from routine to emergency.
- English - Mandatory
- Czech - Mandatory
This is a locally recruited full-time position on a one-year assignment initially, with the possibility of extension for an open-ended contract after one year. The opportunity is open preferably to applicants with the legal right to work in the Czech Republic, who are expected to work in RFE/RL Prague’s office in a hybrid working model of a blend of in-office and remote work in the Czech Republic.
Informace o pozici
- Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty - Rádio Svobodná Evropa, Inc.
- Vinohradská 3333/159a, Praha – Strašnice
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: Czech (Proficient), English (Proficient)
- Benefits: Above-standard medical care, Transport allowance, Educational courses, training, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Corporate events
- Listed in: Administration, Media, advertising, and PR, Administration, Assistant, Office Manager, Back office worker
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Limited (temporary)
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer