The mission of Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) is to promote democratic values and institutions by reporting the news in countries where a free press is banned by the government or not fully established. RFE/RL’s journalists provide what many people cannot get locally: Uncensored news, responsible discussion, and open debate.
Service desk coordinator & Administrative assistant
We are currently seeking a Service desk coordinator & Administrative assistant for our Networks department.
Service desk coordinator & Administrative assistant will provide daily administrative support activities including coordination service desk requests, problems and incidents. Reports to Director of Network Technology.
- Provides administrative support to Networks department staff members, correspondence, coordinates schedules and travel arrangements and confirms appointments.
- Orders services, equipment, and spares parts and keeps a stock-pile of parts and accessories up to date.
- Handles customer requests and inquiries.
- Under the direction of a Networks professional, conducts technical research and analysis.
- Collects, proofreads, edits, formats and distributes documentation needed by staff, such as technical user guides, policies and other relevant data.
- Possess good interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable interacting across multiple levels of the organization and liaise with other departments and external business entities.
- Serve as primary administrative point of contact and is able to convey technical information in tangible business terms.
- Well organized and detail oriented to effectively manage her/his time, as well as the schedule of the manager she/he supports.
- Proficiency in personal computer applications, including Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio.
- Secondary education with technical background or Business administration or related field
- Combination of education and work experience.
- Up to 3 years experience with administration work with at least one year of engineering/IT experience
- Proficiency in Czech and English
- Knowledge of Russian or another broadcast region language are considered a plus
This is a locally recruited full-time position on a one-year assignment initially, with the possibility of extension for an open-ended contract after one year. The opportunity is open preferably to applicants with the legal right to work in the Czech Republic, who are expected to work in RFE/RL Prague’s office in a hybrid working model of a blend of in-office and remote work in the Czech Republic.
Informace o pozici
- Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty - Rádio Svobodná Evropa, Inc.
- Vinohradská 3333/159a, Praha – Strašnice
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: Czech (Proficient), English (Proficient)
- Benefits: Above-standard medical care, Transport allowance, Educational courses, training, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Corporate events
- Listed in: Administration, Media, advertising, and PR, Administration, Assistant, Office Manager, Back office worker
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Limited (temporary)
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer