The mission Of Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) is to promote democratic values by providing accurate, uncensored news and open debate in countries where a free press is threatened and disinformation is pervasive. RFE/RL reports the facts, undaunted by pressure.
Senior DevOps Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Senior DevOps Engineer. In this position you will be primarily tasked to modernize and improve software engineering practices. You will work to reduce the amount of time developers spend on boilerplate configuration and code and to maximize the time they spend producing end users’ value. You will be responsible for designing, deploying, automating, maintaining and improving DevOps principles, standards and systems that keep the Pangea backend infrastructure running smoothly. The role requires hands-on technical experience and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement.
- Facilitates transition from monolithic web application system architecture to a modular, end-to-end solution while building on top of proven solutions and best practices from the community, industry, and inside the company.
- Together with the Software Architect and other Sr. DevOp Engineers, develops digital infrastructure and works on automating CI/CD workflows to improve efficiency and release processes as well as to reduce risk.
- Ensures DevOps knowledge is shared in Pangea Digital. Guarantees and champions knowledge sharing and transfer to other team members.
- Work with development teams – providing supporting infrastructure for the building of websites, applications, and software pieces.
- Identify technical problems and performing software updates and ‘fixes’.
- Work with developers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended.
- Monitor digital architecture, check for performance and compliance and infrastructure stability.
- Resolve issues and problems with systems and software, and to put in place measures to ensure these issues do not reoccur.
- Build frameworks for software and application deployment.
- Liaise closely with both development and operational teams.
- Stay on top of industry best practices and trends, as well as changes to compliance requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience and/or training.
- Previous working experience with DevOps design and implementation needed.
- Familiar with at least one “mainstream” development language, with C# or NodeJS being preferred.
- Familiar with modern operations and deployment practices and technologies, including Linux systems and Docker. With infrastructure systems such as REDIS, RABBITMQ, GLUSTERFS, SQL SERVER
- Expertise in configuring and troubleshooting application code running in a container orchestration environment, Kubernetes preferred.
- Experience with centralized monitoring tools such as ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), Nagios, Zabbix and container system and application metrics (such as PROMETHEUS / GRAFANA).
- Experience in CI /CD automation build system tools and frameworks such as Jenkins, CIRCLE CI, Azure DEVOPS or similar
- Experience with infrastructure automation and delivery tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef or Saltstack.
- Experience with code analysis tools such as SonarQube, HP Fortify.
- Proficiency with scripting languages such as UNIX shell, PowerShell and Groovy.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of PKI implementation (server side).
- Familiar with networking and cloud infrastructure services, including content distribution networks, load balancing and virtual computing (nginx, varnish, squid, haproxy).
- Used agile development such as Scrum or Kanban, with the Atlassian stack (JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence) as management SW preferred.
- Experience coaching and supporting other engineers.
- Work independently with high level objectives and minimal supervision.
Languages: English, Czech/Slovak is welcome, Russian as well.
This is a locally recruited full-time position on a one-year assignment initially, with the possibility of extension for an open-ended contract after one year. The opportunity is only open to applicants with the legal right to work in the Czech Republic.
Informace o pozici
- Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty - Rádio Svobodná Evropa, Inc.
- Vinohradská 3333/159a, Praha – Strašnice
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Above-standard medical care, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Educational courses, training, Company catering, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, International conferences
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, IS/IT: Application and system development, IT Analyst, Development Manager / Team Leader, DevOps engineer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Limited (temporary)
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer