Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) is an international news organization headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic and Washington, D.C., with 21 bureaus throughout Russia, Central Asia, Afghanistan, and Central and Eastern Europe. Reporting in 27 languages across 23 countries, RFE/RL is one of the most comprehensive news operations in the world, providing responsibly reported, fact-based news in countries where media freedoms are under threat or banned outright. From Iran and Pakistan to Hungary, Ukraine, and Azerbaijan, RFE/RL journalists give audiences what they can't always get from their own local media: uncensored information and open debate. Reporting via digital, TV, and radio platforms, RFE/RL has a measured weekly reach of 38.1 million people. A private nonprofit, RFE/RL is funded by the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media. RFE/RL's editorial independence is protected by U.S. law.
IT Security Architect
We are looking for a technically sound IT security architect to join our RFE/RL team in Prague, Czech Republic. S/he is responsible for designing, building, testing, and implementation of secure information systems within RFE/RL’s network, under broad supervision of IT Security Director, as well as for validating that provided services are designed and implemented with high security standards. Additionally, the role reviews current security measures, identifies weaknesses, recommends enhancements, and contributes to the overall information security continuous monitoring program.
RFE/RL’s IT Security is responsible for building out and maintaining a secure environment. This role helps amplify the security message at the team level and evangelize, manage, and enforce the security posture with RFE/RL teams.
This posting requires a valid work visa/permit for the EU zone. Please do not apply if you are not currently able to legally work inside the European Union.
• Play a lead role in developing security technical architecture which supports a robust technology solution.
• Define secure design of business, IT, and security solutions.
• Participate in designated projects and business initiatives as the security subject matter expert.
• Review security requirements and assess the security posture to identify gaps or improvements.
• Support the development and implementation of security and compliance legislation, such as GDPR or FISMA.
• Work in tandem with other Operations’ teams to provide repetitive validation testing prior to production while allowing for a continuous cycle of system development followed by security assessments.
• Document security findings with reasonable methods to secure.
• Attend and participate in application projects and change management committees. This includes interacting with business units and technical teams to understand what is coming and how their projects can be more secure from the beginning.
• Review business processes from security perspective and identify threats, risks, and solutions accordingly.
• Contribute to RFE/RL security standards, guidelines, and policies.
• Remaining up to date with the latest security systems, standards, authentication protocols, and products.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
• University Degree (Information Technology or similar) with 3-5 years of experience in the domain
• Security certifications preferred: Microsoft, SANS/GIAC, ISACA, (ISC)², or equivalent
• At least 3 years in an IT Security role with an overall responsibility for IT Security architecture design and implementation.
• Highly technical and analytical experience, with strong understanding of security protocols, authentication, and security.
• A strong working knowledge of current IT risks, security implementations, operating systems, and computer software.
• Proficiency in Microsoft security best practices, Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps (Microsoft Cloud App Security) incl. Office 365 Cloud App Security, Microsoft 365 Defender (Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps), Exchange Online Protection, servers and applications hosted in Microsoft Azure, Data Loss Prevention, Conditional Access App Control, etc.
• Agile methodology and DevSecOps experience (highly desirable).
• Knowledge in operational models, business continuity plan, disaster recovery plan (desirable).
• Ability to perform plan, research, and design security architectures.
• Proven interest in cyber security topics and willingness to develop expertise in the domain of IT security.
• Excellent analytical, autodidactic, and problem-solving abilities required (especially if incomplete information is provided).
• Strong organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written).
• Natural motivation to integrate multidisciplinary international IT teams.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and teams.
• Standard of excellence with work processes and outcomes, honoring company policies and regulatory requirements.
• Team oriented, with the ability to build strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
• Receptive to feedback, willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement.
• Strong command of English is required.
• Other languages a plus
Informace o pozici
- Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty - Rádio Svobodná Evropa, Inc.
- Vinohradská 3333/159a, Praha – Strašnice
- Required education: University
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Educational courses, training, Company catering, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Occasional work from home
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Limited (temporary)
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer