Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) is an international news organization headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic and Washington, D.C., with 21 bureaus throughout Russia, Central Asia, Afghanistan, and Central and Eastern Europe. Reporting in 27 languages across 23 countries, RFE/RL is one of the most comprehensive news operations in the world, providing responsibly reported, fact-based news in countries where media freedoms are under threat or banned outright. From Iran and Pakistan to Hungary, Ukraine, and Azerbaijan, RFE/RL journalists give audiences what they can't always get from their own local media: uncensored information and open debate. Reporting via digital, TV, and radio platforms, RFE/RL has a measured weekly reach of 38.1 million people. A private nonprofit, RFE/RL is funded by the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media. RFE/RL's editorial independence is protected by U.S. law.
Sr. Product Manager , Pangea
The Senior Product Manager handles many of the oversight duties involved in getting product from the concept to the production stage. He/she also works to maximize the product by foreseeing the customers and the market demands depending on their business needs.
- Lead, plan the strategies, prioritize the roadmaps and roll-out multiple products for multiple projects.
- Mentor and guide other PM (junior) team members to grow by coaching and supervising.
- Ensuring that best practices are followed, the goals are achieved, and the projects and related operations are conducted effectively.
- Serves as a liaison between the stakeholders and the development/implementation teams.
- Lead market research and plan product improvement.
- Define and document product requirements and roadmaps for execution.
- Creates wireframes and designs for new functionality to be part of the specifications described above.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams for every stage of the product development.
- Performs Quality Assurance (QA) Testing on all projects and tasks that he/she is managing.
- Combination of education and experience.
- Information technology or related field (MA – Master’s degree), desirable.
- Project Management (5-7 years), mandatory.
- Experience in the relevant technical discipline (5-7 years), mandatory.
- Proactive, leadership oriented and familiar with the needs of the company and the customers.
- Very knowledgeable of the technical processes in the software development.
- Organization & planning skills at a managerial level, mandatory.
- Relevant software knowledge, mandatory.
- Reporting, mandatory.
- Ability to work with others on a team - be a team player, who can interact and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, and yet demanding work environment., mandatory.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize formal project management methodologies., mandatory.
- Presentation skills, mandatory.
- Developing new web sites for RFE/RL and for maintaining existing web sites. For existing web sites, identifies and implements design improvements to enhance overall site performance., desirable.
- Maintaining and enhancing current web applications to address day-to-day development requests for RFE/RL’s web products, desirable.
- English language (Proficient), mandatory.
- Broadcast region language (Working Knowledge Oral + Written), desirable.
Informace o pozici
- Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty - Rádio Svobodná Evropa, Inc.
- Vinohradská 3333/159a, Praha – Strašnice
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Above-standard medical care, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Educational courses, training, Company catering, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, International conferences
- Listed in: IS/IT: Consultations, analyses, and project management, Product manager
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Limited (temporary)
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer