RFE/RL’s mission is to promote democratic values and institutions and advance human rights by reporting the news in countries where a free press is banned by the government or not fully established. In 23 countries, RFE/RL journalists provide what many people cannot get locally: uncensored news, responsible discussion, and open debate. RFE/RL strives to meet the highest standards of objective journalism and report the facts, undaunted by pressure or attempted influence.
DevOps Engineer, Pangea Digital
DevOps Engineer is primarily tasked to modernize and improve software engineering practices. S/he works to reduce the amount of time developers spend on boilerplate configuration and code and to maximize the time they spend producing end users’ value. Is responsible for deploying, automating, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving the systems that keep the Pangea backend infrastructure running smoothly. The role requires hands-on technical experience and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement.
• Help with facilitating transition from monolithic web application system architecture to an opinionated, modular, end-to-end solution while building on top of proven solutions and best practices from the community, industry, and inside the company.
• Identify technical problems and performing software updates and ‘fixes’.
• Monitor digital architecture, check for performance and compliance and infrastructure stability.
• Work with development teams – providing supporting infrastructure for the building of websites, applications, and software pieces.
• Resolve issues and problems with systems and software, and to put in place measures to ensure these issues do not reoccur.
• Build frameworks for software and application deployment.
• Liaise closely with both development and operational teams.
• Stay on top of industry best practices and trends, as well as changes to compliance requirements.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience and/or training.
Previous working experience with DevOps design and implementation needed.
• Familiar with at least one “mainstream” development language, with C# or NodeJS being preferred.
• Familiar with modern operations and deployment practices and technologies, including Linux systems and Docker. With infrastructure systems such as REDIS, RABBITMQ, GLUSTERFS, SQL SERVER
• Familiar in configuring and troubleshooting application code running in a container orchestration environment, Kubernetes preferred.
• Familiar with networking and cloud infrastructure services, including content distribution networks, load balancing and virtual computing.
• Proficiency with scripting languages such as UNIX shell, PowerShell or groovy.
• Experience in CI /CD automation build system tools and frameworks such as Jenkins, CIRCLE CI, Azure DEVOPS or similar
• Basic knowledge and understanding of PKI implementation (server side).
• Familiar with centralized monitoring tools such as ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), container system and application metrics (such as PROMETHEUS / GRAFANA)
• Familiar with code analysis tools such as SonarQube, HP Fortify.
• Used agile development such as Scrum or Kanban, with the Atlassian stack (JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence) as management SW preferred.
English, Czech/Slovak is welcome, Russian as well.
Informace o pozici
- Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty - Rádio Svobodná Evropa, Inc.
- Vinohradská 3333/159a, Praha – Strašnice
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Educational courses, training, Company catering, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Occasional work from home
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, DevOps engineer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer