RFE/RL’s mission is to promote democratic values and institutions and advance human rights by reporting the news in countries where a free press is banned by the government or not fully established. In 23 countries, RFE/RL journalists provide what many people cannot get locally: uncensored news, responsible discussion, and open debate. RFE/RL strives to meet the highest standards of objective journalism and report the facts, undaunted by pressure or attempted influence.
User Support Technician- for graduate freshers, RFE/RL
Reporting to the IT Support Supervisor, the IT Support Specialist is responsible for providing technical support to computer users. The IT Support Specialist works on flexible shifts to cover operational needs of RFE/RL. It consists of working on morning (7:00 AM – 3:30 PM), regular (9:00 AM – 5:30 PM), evening (1:30 PM – 9:00 PM), weekend shifts (9:00 AM – 5:30 PM) and On Call duties.
What we do and what we offer:
What we do in Information Technology department:
We are a team of IT specialists who provide the information technology required to fulfill RFE/RL mission. Our main goal is to support 700+ users, 1000+ computers and 100+ video editing stations in our headquarters in Prague but from time to time we also help our colleagues in Washington D.C. and other 23 countries. After all, our work is not just about technology - we help people do their jobs.
What we can offer:
• A unique, multinational employer with a great history and presence in providing accurate and reliable news and information to domestic audiences in the local languages (rferl.org).
• Competitive salary.
• Good benefits package: Vacation (25 days), Holidays (a corporate holiday schedule with holidays added to Czech statutory holidays), Fitness Benefit (membership in a fitness center network), Sick Leave (13 workdays of paid sick leave per year), Medical Care on Premises, Public Transportation Pass, Meal Allowance, Summer Allowance, Retirement Savings Program, Language Courses, Life Insurance, Relocation Benefit (One-way travel and transportation expenses for employees hired outside the Czech Republic).
• Training and development opportunities – internal and external.
• Friendly team and positive working environment.
• Permanent employment (after one-year contract).
Responsibilities and Requirements:
• Records and responds to requests for help and provides technical solutions to desktop computer users.
• Configures, installs, tests and supports desktop computers, laptop computers, printers, monitors and other general peripherals.
• Diagnoses hardware and software failures, communicates the remediation plans to users, and provides status updates.
• Installs, maintains, and tests software applications.
• Works closely with server administrators, and network engineers to resolve technical problems related to desktop computing.
• Provides technical support to users in a proactive and professional manner.
• Ability to work with others on a team - be a team player, who can interact and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial and yet demanding work environment (Mandatory).
• Solid knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 operating system (Mandatory).
• Solid knowledge of MS Office 365 Apps (Mandatory).
• IT systems configuration (Mandatory).
• English + Czech language (Mandatory).
Informace o pozici
- Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty - Rádio Svobodná Evropa, Inc.
- Vinohradská 3333/159a, Praha – Strašnice
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: Czech (Advanced), English (Intermediate)
- Benefits: Notebook, Flexible start/end of working hours, Transport allowance, Educational courses, training, Company catering, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Occasional work from home
- Listed in: IS/IT: System and HW administration, Application SW administrator, HW technician, Help Desk Technician, IS Support
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Limited (temporary)
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer
Also suitable for graduates.