Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) is an international news organization headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic and Washington, D.C., with 21 bureaus throughout Russia, Central Asia, Afghanistan, and Central and Eastern Europe. Reporting in 27 languages across 23 countries, RFE/RL is one of the most comprehensive news operations in the world, providing responsibly reported, fact-based news in countries where media freedoms are under threat or banned outright. From Iran and Pakistan to Hungary, Ukraine, and Azerbaijan, RFE/RL journalists give audiences what they can't always get from their own local media: uncensored information and open debate. Reporting via digital, TV, and radio platforms, RFE/RL has a measured weekly reach of 38.1 million people. A private nonprofit, RFE/RL is funded by the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media. RFE/RL's editorial independence is protected by U.S. law.
Office Manager, Current Time TV Channel
We are seeking an Office Manager to join our Current Time TV Channel team. The channel is a 24-hour Russian language television and digital news network aimed at audiences in Russia, the countries of Central and Eastern Europe, and around the world. You will responsible for the efficient functioning of the operational aspects of the Current Time newsroom, as well as supervising or assisting in supervising all non-editorial activities of the Current Time department. Your duties will include routine and unanticipated administrative responsibilities, from scheduling and budgeting to interacting with other broadcasting and operational divisions of RFE/RL. You will also cooperate with the Supervisor for RFE/RL News Administration to keep abreast of all changes in administrative and operational policies and procedures, as well as communicate, explain and ensure compliance within the department.
RESPONSIBILITIES include (the list is not exhaustive):
- Assistance in the management of the department’s operation and involvement in management planning, strategic change, and decision-making.
- Work coordination with the Channel’s current News Administration Coordinator to ensure efficient running of the operational aspects of the department.
- Liaison between the newsroom and other departments on administrative and operational matters.
- Liaison with freelancers to check their payments against their editorial contributions as required.
- Timely processing of timesheets, freelance contracts, freelance payments, etc., on behalf of the staff and team leaders.
- Ensuring that department operates at full capacity, including workspace assignments, computers, telephone service, studio equipment, facilities, and other resources and responsible for the general order of all office materials and equipment, liaising with other departments as necessary.
- Arrangement and communication of staffing schedules for the department in cooperation with the management.
- Assistance with the intake and orientation of new staff as well as exit procedures for outgoing staff in cooperation with HR.
- Coordination of visits to the department by guests and freelancers (arranging for RFE/RL building access cards, work space, housing, per diem and other expense reimbursement as necessary).
- Processing current financial records including invoices, purchase orders, requisitions and/or payroll-staffing data.
- Tracking and monitoring the department's expenses/spending against monthly budget reports. Calculating and/or verifying specific line items, expense totals and account balances. Identifying errors/problems and following-up with finance department as necessary.
- Maintenance of department databases and files.
- Engaging in special projects as assigned.
- Business administration or related field BA - Bachelor degree
- Work in administration 5-8 years
- Previous experience working in a multicultural or a multinational environment; or experience living and working abroad, preferably in relevant RFE/RL target regions. (Desirable)
- Ability to quickly anticipate, trouble-shoot and resolve problems.
- Accuracy and detail orientation.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use a methodical step by step approach to breaking down complex problems or processes into their constituent parts; to identify cause and effect patterns and analyze problems to arrive at an appropriate solution.
- Communication skills; written and verbal.
- End-user knowledge of Lotus Notes. (Desirable)
- End-user knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Organizational skills
- Previous experience handling confidential data.
- Understands and meets customer needs in a helpful way, whether they are internal or external clients
- Russian language at native level, mandatory
- English language, upper-intermediate (B2), mandatory
- Czech language, upper-intermediate (B2), mandatory
Informace o pozici
- Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty - Rádio Svobodná Evropa, Inc.
- Vinohradská 3333/159a, Praha – Strašnice
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: Czech (Advanced), English (Advanced), Russian (Proficient)
- Benefits: Above-standard medical care, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Transport allowance, Educational courses, training, Company catering, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Occasional work from home
- Listed in: Administration, Media, advertising, and PR, Office Manager, Project Manager
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Limited (temporary)
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer