Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) is an international news organization headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic and Washington, D.C., with 21 bureaus throughout Russia, Central Asia, Afghanistan, and Central and Eastern Europe. Reporting in 27 languages across 23 countries, RFE/RL is one of the most comprehensive news operations in the world, providing responsibly reported, fact-based news in countries where media freedoms are under threat or banned outright. From Iran and Pakistan to Hungary, Ukraine, and Azerbaijan, RFE/RL journalists give audiences what they can't always get from their own local media: uncensored information and open debate. Reporting via digital, TV, and radio platforms, RFE/RL has a measured weekly reach of 38.1 million people. A private nonprofit, RFE/RL is funded by the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media. RFE/RL's editorial independence is protected by U.S. law.
Planning Producer, Current Time TV Channel
We are looking for Planning Producer to join our Current Time TV Channel news team. You will work closely with the Senior Planning Producer and other Producers to help coordinate news content production across Current Time news programs and plan the logistics for live coverage of breaking news. You will also work closely with Current Time Digital team and other relevant RFE/RL departments to coordinate the production and delivery of visual news content that is on time, relevant to the RFE/RL mission, and conforming to RFE/RL’s Professional Code.
- Manages Current Time’s editorial calendar of major events and dates in collaboration with other coordinators, Executive Producer, Planning &Bureaus.
- Gathers story and events information from various verified news sources.
- Collaborates with coordinators, reporters to gather daily, weekly coverage information and optimize editorial coverage.
- Maintains and distributes daily, weekly coverage updates to all Current Time’s teams and other departments.
- Coordinates requests, including studio/crew bookings for live connections, studio interviews, field shoots in close collaboration with Live Producer.
- Keeps track of commissioned content, asset delivery, production issues. Reports updates/progress to Senior Producer.
- Liaises with global news agencies on coverage plans, manages relevant permissions and clearances for UGC and third-party content.
- Helps to coordinate advanced editorial planning (six weeks, six months ahead) that's both topic- and events-based. Researches story ideas, guests, pitches ideas for editorial meetings.
- Works in tandem with Executive Producers, show producers, coordinators, reporters to develop and communicate a comprehensive coverage of major special events.
- Identifies trends and insights using analytics data, and turns them into actionable recommendations for the Editors.
- Occasionally helps on long-form, special projects production by bookings speakers, contributing to and coordinating field work.
Undergraduate BA degree in communications or journalism helpful but not required if the candidate possesses the equivalent in experience.
- 3 years of experience working in an international news gathering operation, preferable
- Experience working in a real-time broadcast news environment is helpful.
- Must have excellent research abilities and sound editorial judgment.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Well-organized, with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and effectively prioritize workload.
- An interest in international events and politics and familiarity regarding the situations in RFE/RL's target countries is desirable.
- Creative ability to enterprise and innovate in order to cultivate diverse contacts.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills are also needed to build positive relationships with team members as well as with external partners and outside broadcasters.
- Must be well-read and keep up with the latest news developments and have the ability to write sophisticated letters to high profile guests requesting interviews.
- Russian language proficiency, mandatory
- English language B2 level, mandatory
- Czech language B2 level desirable
- Working knowledge of a Central Asian language, desirable but not required
Informace o pozici
- Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty - Rádio Svobodná Evropa, Inc.
- Vinohradská 3333/159a, Praha – Strašnice
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: Russian (Proficient), English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Contribution holiday, Above-standard medical care, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Transport allowance, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days
- Listed in: Media, advertising, and PR, Journalist, Publicist, Editor
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Limited (temporary)
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer