Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) is an international news organization headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic and Washington, D.C., with 21 bureaus throughout Russia, Central Asia, Afghanistan, and Central and Eastern Europe. Reporting in 27 languages across 23 countries, RFE/RL is one of the most comprehensive news operations in the world, providing responsibly reported, fact-based news in countries where media freedoms are under threat or banned outright. From Iran and Pakistan to Hungary, Ukraine, and Azerbaijan, RFE/RL journalists give audiences what they can't always get from their own local media: uncensored information and open debate. Reporting via digital, TV, and radio platforms, RFE/RL has a measured weekly reach of 38.1 million people. A private nonprofit, RFE/RL is funded by the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media. RFE/RL's editorial independence is protected by U.S. law.
Junior Systems Administrator, Pangea Digital, RFE/RL
Performs a variety of tasks associated with the installation and administration of Pangea Digital’s infrastructure (Physical / virtual servers, PCs/laptops) and business applications (CMS, Responsive, Pangea related services, etc.). The position is responsible for reorganizing server/local PC-Laptops configurations to improve reliability and security, supporting more than 60 language services and more than 100 frontend websites across all Pangea Digital supported Networks.
· Responsible for supporting, troubleshooting, and maintaining:
o servers running on Microsoft Windows 2012-2019 systems
o local PC and software for Pangea team members
· Installs new/maintain existing servers/local PC’s and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
· Performs daily system monitoring (Nagios/Zabbix, Kibana, Grafana), verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes.
· Installs, manages, and supports business software applications.
· Ensures successful implementation and maintenance of the defined policies and procedures.
· Prepare documentation of performed infrastructure changes and keep them up to date
· Provides with desktop and user support, when required.
· Tracks issues and resolutions.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Resolve issues and problems with systems and software, and to put in place measures to ensure these issues do not reoccur.
· Stay on top of industry best practices and trends, as well as changes to compliance requirements.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience and/or training.
Experience in Systems Administration, 1-2 years
· At least basic administration knowledge and troubleshooting skills of MS windows server 2012-2019 systems
· At least basic knowledge of administering domain infrastructure tools including Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, security and network communications.
· Knowledge of DMZ and network infrastructure (WAN and LAN) load balancing, TCP, IP.
· At least basic experience with Windows Scripting Power Shell scripting.
· Willingness to work in 24*7 environment (occasional evening and weekend on call shifts).
· Willingness to learn new things and to improve current skills in desired environment.
· Nice to have:
o Basic knowledge of administering MS SQL 2016 database system
o Previous working experience with Linux Systems (Ubuntu)
o Knowledge of Windows Servers Update Services
o Knowledge with MS windows clustering administration
Written and spoken English
Czech or broadcast language an advantage
Informace o pozici
- Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty - Rádio Svobodná Evropa, Inc.
- Vinohradská 3333/159a, Praha – Strašnice
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Advanced), Czech (Intermediate)
- Benefits: Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Occasional work from home
- Listed in: IS/IT: System and HW administration, Operating system and network administrator
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Limited (temporary)
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer