Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) is an international news organization headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic and Washington, D.C., with 21 bureaus throughout Russia, Central Asia, Afghanistan, and Central and Eastern Europe. Reporting in 27 languages across 23 countries, RFE/RL is one of the most comprehensive news operations in the world, providing responsibly reported, fact-based news in countries where media freedoms are under threat or banned outright. From Iran and Pakistan to Hungary, Ukraine, and Azerbaijan, RFE/RL journalists give audiences what they can't always get from their own local media: uncensored information and open debate. Reporting via digital, TV, and radio platforms, RFE/RL has a measured weekly reach of 38.1 million people. A private nonprofit, RFE/RL is funded by the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media. RFE/RL's editorial independence is protected by U.S. law.
Quality Assurance Tester, RFE/RL
Reporting to the QA Lead, the Quality Assurance Tester is involved in testing all new developments for the RFE/RL network of sites. His/her role is critical in increasing the online presence of our network of brands.
• Performs testing for RFE/RL web sites, Content Management System, Mobile apps and new products.
• Provides daily status reports on the progress of our bugs and testing efforts (Using JIRA tool, and spoken/written report status to QA Lead)
• Research new trends and technologies that will improve our long-term quality assurance efforts.
• Sharing knowledge of his/her project/s across QA team
• Provide estimation of testing activities to QA Lead
• Read all the documents and understand what needs to be tested.
• Based on information procured in the above step decide how it is to be tested.
• Inform QA Lead about what all resources will be required for software testing.
• Develop test cases and correctly prioritize testing activities.
• Execute all the test case and report defect in details, define priority for each defect.
• Carry out regression testing every time when changes are made to the code to fix defects.
• Verification of testing environment that it is ready for testing of certain tests
• Participate regular staff meeting as well as all meetings related to his/her testing scope
• Performs other duties as assigned by QA Lead
Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Combination of education and experience
• High school
• Experience in the relevant technical discipline at least 1 full year (Mandatory)
• Experience with Robot Framework / Test automation is advantage
• Experience with Docker environment is advantage
• Deep Experience with testing Multimedia/Streaming is advantage
• Ability to work with others on a team - be a team player, who can interact and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, and yet demanding work environment. (Mandatory)
• Accuracy and detail orientation (Mandatory)
• Maintaining and enhancing current web applications to address day-to-day development requests for RFE/RL’s web products. (Mandatory)
• Organizational skills (Mandatory)
• Ability to work and operate remotely if needed
• Czech language Working Knowledge Oral+Written (Desirable)
• English language Proficient (Mandatory)
Informace o pozici
- Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty - Rádio Svobodná Evropa, Inc.
- Vinohradská 3333/159a, Praha – Strašnice
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: English (Advanced), Czech (Intermediate)
- Benefits: Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Occasional work from home
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, Tester
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Limited (temporary)
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer