RFE/RL’s mission is to promote democratic values and institutions and advance human rights by reporting the news in countries where a free press is banned by the government or not fully established. In 23 countries, RFE/RL journalists provide what many people cannot get locally: uncensored news, responsible discussion, and open debate. RFE/RL strives to meet the highest standards of objective journalism and report the facts, undaunted by pressure or attempted influence.
Systems Administrator in Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty
Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty
· Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) is a United States government-funded organization that broadcasts and reports news in countries where a free press is banned or not fully established,
· RFE/RL reaches audiences in more than 25 countries incl. Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Russia, Belarus a Ukraine, but also in Hungary again,
· With over 600 full-time journalists, 1.300 freelancers, and 25 local bureaus, RFE/RL is one of the most comprehensive news operations in the world.
This is a locally recruited full-time position on a one-year assignment initially, with the possibility of extension for an open-ended contract after one year. The opportunity is only open to applicants with the legal right to work in the Czech Republic.
What we do in IT Deparment
· We are a team of precise and reliable IT specialists who provide the information technology required to fulfill RFE/RL mission. Our main goal is to manage 150+ servers and a wide range of services to deliver desired user experience for 700+ users (1200+ computers) in our headquarters in Prague but from time to time we also help our colleagues in Washington D. C. and other 25 countries. After all, our work is not just about technology - we help people do their jobs.
What we can offer
· A unique, multinational employer with a great history and presence in providing accurate and reliable news and information to domestic audiences in the local languages (www.rferl.org),
· Competitive salary,
· Good benefits package: Vacation (25 days), Holidays (a corporate holiday schedule with holidays added to Czech statutory holidays), Multisport card, Sick Leave (13 workdays of paid sick leave per year), Medical Care on Premises, Public Transportation Pass, Meal Allowance, Summer Allowance, Retirement Savings Program, Language Courses, Life Insurance,
· Training and development opportunities – internal and external,
· Friendly team and positive working environment,
· Permanent employment (after one-year contract).
· Implement and manage IT Infrastructure
· Install, configure and manage MS Windows Server services
· Manage Office 365, VMware, SCCM, WSUS, Microsoft Identity Manager, Microsoft Azure AD Connect, Lotus Domino
· Prepare and deploy install packages and Windows images, patch management, endpoint security, PowerShell
· Manage, maintain and plan security systems (antivirus, app whitelisting and blacklisting, encryption, mobile security, IPS)
· Monitor systems, troubleshoot systems errors,
· Create documentation
· 2-3 years of MS Windows Server administration
· MS Windows Server installation and configuration (Active Directory, Group Policy), TCP/IP knowledge
· Analytical thinking, proactive personality, team player
· Working knowledge of English
· Nice to have: Windows Modern Management (InTune, MDM, MAM), MS Certification
Informace o pozici
- Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty - Rádio Svobodná Evropa, Inc.
- Vinohradská 3333/159a, Praha – Strašnice
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: Czech (Proficient), English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Notebook, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Educational courses, training, Company catering, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Dedicated time for innovations
- Listed in: IS/IT: System and HW administration, Operating system and network administrator, Application SW administrator
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Limited (temporary)
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer