The mission Of Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) is to promote democratic values by providing accurate, uncensored news and open debate in countries where a free press is threatened and disinformation is pervasive. RFE/RL reports the facts, undaunted by pressure.
Back End Developer, .NET, C#
About Our Team
We are looking for a backend C# developer. You will be working on extending and maintaining our backend codebase. With a significant re-architecture across all layers of the stack underway, you will join our core product team working on the new CMS application.
What would you be doing?
· Help breaking down our legacy system into domain driven microservices using .NET Core as primary technology stack
· Collaborate with backend and frontend developers, web designers and testers to deliver new features
· Work cross functionally across internal teams according to assignments from product managers and the team lead
· Strong knowledge of C# and .NET
· A solid understanding of Web APIs and SQL (preferably on MSSQL SERVER)
· Work independently with high level objectives and minimal supervision
· Used agile development such as Scrum or Kanban, preferably within the Atlassian stack (JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence), ability to use Git
· Written unit and integration tests for your code and communicated specifications for end to end tests to the QA team
· Ability to understand and follow software release process
As extra you will come with experience and skills in:
· Domain Driven microservices architecture
· .NET Core
· GRAPH QL or similar API query language
· Familiarity with modern operations and deployment practices and technologies, including Linux OS and Docker
This is a locally recruited full-time position on a one-year assignment initially, with the possibility of extension for an open-ended contract after one year. The opportunity is open preferably to applicants with the legal right to work in the Czech Republic, who are expected to work in RFE/RL Prague’s office in a hybrid working model of a blend of in-office and remote work in the Czech Republic.
The level of remuneration will be determined based on the candidate’s seniority level, expectations and the company’s salary ranges.
Information about position
- Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty - Rádio Svobodná Evropa, Inc.
- Vinohradská 3333/159a, Praha – Strašnice
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Notebook, Flexible start/end of working hours, Transport allowance, Educational courses, training, Company catering, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Occasional work from home
- Listed in: IS/IT: Application and system development, .NET developer, C# developer
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Limited (temporary)
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer