RFE/RL’s mission is to promote democratic values and institutions and advance human rights by reporting the news in countries where a free press is banned by the government or not fully established. In 23 countries, RFE/RL journalists provide what many people cannot get locally: uncensored news, responsible discussion, and open debate. RFE/RL strives to meet the highest standards of objective journalism and report the facts, undaunted by pressure or attempted influence.
Streaming Specialist- AUDIO + VIDEO, RFE/RL
The Pangea Streaming Specialist will be joining a two-man team which is responsible for maintaining live and on-demand audio and video OTT streams that are scheduled via our custom Pangea CMS.
Maintenance, monitoring and troubleshooting of a large, multi-regional audio and video streaming environment.
Responsible for the entire OTT delivery chain, source streams (first mile), encoding, scaling via CDN and players.
Responsible for integrating the streams into our CMS with the support from our developers.
Responsible for occasional Live Events support, sometimes during the night or weekends.
Will be required to provide on-call emergency support during regular evenings and weekends on call shifts.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Combination of education and experience.
Information technology or related field BA - Bachelor’s /Master’s degree or Technical high school with the focus on Informational Technology.
Candidate with Bachelor’s or Master’s degree - experience in the relevant technical discipline 2 years.
Candidate with the Technical High school - experience in the relevant technical discipline 3-4 years.
Good knowledge of streaming technologies and professional TV broadcasting.
Over 2 years of experience with live streaming platforms or 2 years’ experience with Microsoft/Linux server systems administration.
General familiarity with encoders (WOWZA, DVEO, AWS, FFMPEG), and video formats such as UDP\RTMP\SRT\DASH\HLS\h.264\MP3\AAC (Desirable)
Useful to have basic knowledge of SQL scripting (mostly select function), power shell scripting, ability to understand XML, JSON outputs. (Desirable)
Customer service-oriented with effective communication skills and experience providing technical support to users in a business setting.
Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently to solve problems.
Ability to function effectively with people from widely different national and cultural backgrounds.
Ability and will to quickly learn modern technologies and implement them into the infrastructure.
Will be required to help lift and install hardware equipment and setup windows/linux systems, from time to time.
Czech language Working Knowledge Oral + Written (Desirable).
English language Proficient (Mandatory).
Informace o pozici
- Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty - Rádio Svobodná Evropa, Inc.
- Vinohradská 3333/159a, Praha – Strašnice
- Required education: Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Required languages: English (Advanced), Czech (Intermediate)
- Benefits: Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Occasional work from home
- Listed in: IS/IT: System and HW administration, IS/IT: Application and system development, Telecommunications, Operating system and network administrator, Telecommunication technologist, Server administrator
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Limited (temporary)
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer