Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) is an international news organization headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic and Washington, D.C., with 21 bureaus throughout Russia, Central Asia, Afghanistan, and Central and Eastern Europe. Reporting in 27 languages across 23 countries, RFE/RL is one of the most comprehensive news operations in the world, providing responsibly reported, fact-based news in countries where media freedoms are under threat or banned outright. From Iran and Pakistan to Hungary, Ukraine, and Azerbaijan, RFE/RL journalists give audiences what they can't always get from their own local media: uncensored information and open debate. Reporting via digital, TV, and radio platforms, RFE/RL has a measured weekly reach of 38.1 million people. A private nonprofit, RFE/RL is funded by the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media. RFE/RL's editorial independence is protected by U.S. law.
Contracts & Competition Officer
ABOUT THE JOB
The success of RFE/RL is rooted in our exceptional employees and our mission for over 70 years now.
We are looking for an experienced Contracts & Competition Officer to join our Procurement/Contracting team in Prague. An incumbent will be responsible for all large commercial purchasing contracts and RFP based competitions consistent with RFE/RL’s grant, Part 200 of the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principal and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards, any US Federal statutes and Executive Orders pertinent to Federal grantees, and RFE/RL policies and procedures. He/she will also negotiate and manage contractual agreements. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Procurement.
RFE/RL offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
This is a locally recruited full-time position, a unique opportunity to work at a dynamic international media organization whose mission is to provide accurate and reliable news to 23 countries where free press is banned by the government or not fully established.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Successful candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in business or related field, ideally in combination with legal background.
- At least 5 years’ experience in procurement, contract negotiations, managing contracts, drafting requests for quotes (RFQ’s), requests for proposals (RFPs) and commercial purchasing contracts is a mandatory requirement.
- A person with an end-user knowledge of MS Office applications and relevant procurement-related software.
- Previous experience working in public or non-profit sector environment is desirable.
For further details and full JD please refer to the RFE/RL jobs website: https://www.rferl.org/jobs/detail/FIN1596-2101.html.
To apply for this position, please send us your CV and cover letter in English using this link:
Informace o pozici
- Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty - Rádio Svobodná Evropa, Inc.
- Vinohradská 3333/159a, Praha – Strašnice
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: Czech (Proficient), English (Proficient)
- Benefits: Bonuses, Contribution holiday, Above-standard medical care, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Transport allowance, Educational courses, training, Cafeteria, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days
- Listed in: Economics and Business Finance, Media, advertising, and PR, Legal services
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Limited (temporary)
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer