RFE/RL’s mission is to promote democratic values and institutions and advance human rights by reporting the news in countries where a free press is banned by the government or not fully established. In 23 countries, RFE/RL journalists provide what many people cannot get locally: uncensored news, responsible discussion, and open debate. RFE/RL strives to meet the highest standards of objective journalism and report the facts, undaunted by pressure or attempted influence.
Junior Front End Developer, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty
Come to Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty!
We broadcast to millions of people in countries where democracy and freedom is something that people must fight for daily. Your work will truly be design that matters.
Our Internet department, PANGEA DIGITAL, is currently looking for a new colleague for the position of Junior Front - End Developer.
About Our Team
What would you be doing?
· You will help with developing frontend applications (in React)
· Collaborate with backend developers and web designers to improve usability
· Gather requirements and work cross functionally across internal teams
You should have:
· Basic experience in Redux or similar state management framework
· Experience with common front-end development tools such as Webpack, NPM, ...
· Have at least basic knowledge about tests (mocha/jest/enzyme)
· Have preference for use of JS/CSS/HTML tooling - Webpack, Sass, react MUI, styled components etc.
· Familiarity with modern operations and deployment practices and technologies (docker)
· Work independently with high level objectives but not worry to ask about anything to move forward
· Used agile development such as Scrum or Kanban, with the Atlassian stack (JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence) as management SW preferred, ability to use Git
Information about position
- Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty - Rádio Svobodná Evropa, Inc.
- Vinohradská 3333/159a, Praha – Strašnice
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Flexible start/end of working hours, Educational courses, training, Company catering, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Individual schedules of working hours, Self-organization of the job
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Limited (temporary)
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer