Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) is an international news organization headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic and Washington, D.C., with 21 bureaus throughout Russia, Central Asia, Afghanistan, and Central and Eastern Europe. Reporting in 27 languages across 23 countries, RFE/RL is one of the most comprehensive news operations in the world, providing responsibly reported, fact-based news in countries where media freedoms are under threat or banned outright. From Iran and Pakistan to Hungary, Ukraine, and Azerbaijan, RFE/RL journalists give audiences what they can't always get from their own local media: uncensored information and open debate. Reporting via digital, TV, and radio platforms, RFE/RL has a measured weekly reach of 38.1 million people. A private nonprofit, RFE/RL is funded by the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media. RFE/RL's editorial independence is protected by U.S. law.
Front End Developer, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty
Come to Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty!
We broadcast to millions of people in countries where democracy and freedom is something that people must fight for daily. Your work will truly be design that matters.
Our Internet department, PANGEA DIGITAL, is currently looking for a new colleague for the position of Front - End Developer.
What would you be doing?
· You will help with developing frontend applications (in React)
· Collaborate with backend developers and web designers to improve usability
· Gather requirements and work cross functionally across internal teams
You should have:
· Experience in Redux or similar state management framework
· Exposure to server-side programming (C#, Node.JS)
· Experience with common front-end development tools such as Webpack, NPM, ...
· Have preference for use of JS/CSS/HTML tooling - Babel, Less/Sass
· Microservice architecture experience
· Familiarity with modern operations and deployment practices and technologies, including Linux systems and Docker
· Work independently with high level objectives and minimal supervision
· Used agile development such as Scrum or Kanban, with the Atlassian stack (JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence) as management SW preferred, ability to use Git
Informace o pozici
- Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty - Rádio Svobodná Evropa, Inc.
- Vinohradská 3333/159a, Praha – Strašnice
- Required education: Bachelor's
- Required languages: English (Advanced)
- Benefits: Flexible start/end of working hours, Educational courses, training, Company catering, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Individual schedules of working hours, Self-organization of the job
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Contract duration
- Contract duration: Limited (temporary)
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer