RFE/RL’s Director of Information Technologies requires an innovative technology leader capable of directing, managing and involving our critical IT infrastructure and applications teams to support our mission critical operations. The role requires an enthusiastic hands-on technology evangelist to lead our efforts to improve automation, security and service management processes across our organization. We are looking for leaders to support our strategic technology objectives.
Key Strategic Objectives:
- Formalize an appropriate strategic technology roadmap aligned to mission and cost requirements,
- Transform RFE/RL IT Operations into a process lead organization based on practical KPIs to optimize technology investment and capabilities,
- Champion devops and automation to improve service management quality and technology investments,
- Optimize and manage overall IT technology costs and lifecycle governance to support and accelerate RFE/RL’s mission.
Role and Responsibilities: The ideal candidate needs to demonstrate significant leadership skills, being a mentor to the team and with technology strategy. The key aspects of the role and responsibilities are as followings:
- Evolve RFE/RL’s IT infrastructure and application technology platforms to meet company strategic mission objectives,
- Design and implement cost competitive strategic IT technology roadmap,
- Champion and lead IT team to become a quality driven IT Service Management group able sustain the company critical mission objectives,
- Act as a technology innovator to develop and nurture IT team members to drive performance, quality and availability of IT services.
- Define and implement ongoing team development and technical education strategy,
- Build and document security across all IT technology platforms, to proactively protect against cyber threats and respond effectively to detected cyber attacks,
- Ensure IT application and infrastructure quality and availability, including compliance RFE/RL governance obligations, including business continuity requirements.
- The ideal candidate will have 10 or more years’ experience, within an international environment, successfully managing and directing a company’s IT tech strategy, demonstrating leadership and innovation expertise,
- The position requires excellent communication skills, with the ability to articulate technology vision and strategy to executive management; motivating and champion across their teams mature the organization technology capabilities,
- The candidate must demonstrate their leadership skills, with proven abilities to act as an enthusiastic mentor for their teams and across departments technical teams,
- Management experience must cover Enterprise applications and infrastructure, hosted across on-premise and cloud, with proven capabilities implementing orchestrated virtualized environments
- Must be an ‘can-do’ problem solver, with essential business acumen with the ability to act collaboratively with company technology stakeholders to mature company processes and performance,
- A proven track record of implementing ITIL best practices to meet service management quality, with a methodical approach to driving performance throughout their teams.
Technical Competence and Expertise:
- Advance knowledge with practical know-how on implementing and operating Enterprise Financial and HR Applications (CRM) to fulfill company compliance and financial account requirements,
- Detailed Office 365/Azure AD technical expertise, including MS certificates, with a minimum of 5 years’ operations experience across an international organization,
- Hands-on technical expertise supporting and championing use of MS collaboration applications (Teams, Sharepoint, OneDrive, etc) with a focus on automated integration to IT Service Management objectives,
- Thorough understanding and practical application experience of ITIL service management processes to add value and performance to RFE/RL’s support functions across the technology division,
- Detail understanding and technical expertise with Windows platforms and features, to support appropriate asset, configuration and lifecycle requirements, including overall software license and cost management,
- Proven innovation and technology expertise in applying devops to improve data and applications governance, with focus on strengthening automation to optimize resource and data asset management through Enterprise or open source technologies.
Education Requirements: An appropriate technical education university or post-graduate degree or equivalent professional experience and technical expertise.
Personal Qualities and Characteristics:
- Proven articulate technology leader,
- International focus and experience,
- Enthusiastic mentor and technology educator,
- Excellent communications – verbal and written,
- Extroverted collaborator who thrives on meeting RFE/RL’s mission,
- English and another European Language.
Informace o pozici
- Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty - Rádio Svobodná Evropa, Inc.
- Vinohradská 3333/159a, Praha – Strašnice
- Required education: University
- Required languages: English (Proficient) or Czech (Advanced)
- Benefits: Above-standard medical care, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Educational courses, training, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Corporate events
- Listed in: IS/IT: System and HW administration, IT Manager
- Employment form
- Employment form: Full-time work
- Employment contract
- Employment contract: employment contract
- Employer type: Employer